What's new

Convenience in the countryside

ZeroX686

後輩
27 Oct 2005
This could have been posted somewhere else, but I searched around and didn't find much here. Anyway, I have a specific topic to talk about, although general convenience is good. I am wondering about the countryside internet access portion of it. I mean.... in the countryside, is it like dial up internet only? Or is there any type of broadband access? I am just curious about this, since I have not seen it mentioned here. Anyway, thank you.

Depends upon where you really live in. You can find optical fiber cable network in all prefectural capital cities.
Which city are you supposed to live in? PM me if you don't want to post here.

Assuming, for the moment, that we're talking about the countryside in Japan, then, as for myself, I use a cable TV line. I guess that's about the same as dial up though, I don't know for sure though.

Mars Man said:
I guess that's about the same as dial up though, I don't know for sure though.

really i used to have dail up and oh god help the J.. well i can say that. but if i ever went back id shoot someone.

you should do a speed test or something at like. www.pcpitstop.com

ADSL is prety much all over the place by now, and fiber optic is spreading.

Dial-up is a distant bad memory.

Thank you for your replies, I figured they would have broadband, but I didn't figure it would be that widespread. But like us in Wyoming..., some people only have dial up access.... bleh. Thankfully, I am in an area where we have Cable internet. But anyway, that has cleared something up for me.

I live 2 hours from the nearest "big" city (which itself is countryside as far as people from Honshu are concerned) and I have ADSL. Cable broadband isn't available here.

Back
Top Bottom