What's new

Childcare (Hoikuen) / Self-employed

JoeAndCo

後輩
10 Apr 2015
I remember reading a thread about this but can't for the life of me find it.
Maybe I was imagining it??? But am sure it would be useful info for others too.

We're moving to a new city next week
and we need to get our boy into the city-run hoikuen.
We're both self-employed, but haven't registered as such yet.
I will start working part time for a school in the new year and in the mean time I'm building up a new business venture as well as planning to take on freelance teaching. My wife is a freelance consultant.
Only been in Japan a couple of months so haven't paid or registered for tax yet.. been travelling around.

My wife spoke to the town hall kids department, and they said we need to see the 自治会長 (the children dept boss) and that he needs to OK us as self employed and eligible for the city hoikuen and accompanying benefits.

Can anyone give some advice on how best to go about this to get it though with the least possible hassles,
as we were hoping he could start next hoikuen week. Mainly in terms of what paperwork/stamps to do with self-employment and tax to get! and should we get them from our current city so we hit the ground running when we get to the new city next week.

Thanks in advance.

Replying just so you don't think your post didn't appear or is being ignored.

I would suggest calling the relevant offices and asking what they want so you can prepare ahead of time. 自治会長 doesn't mean what you think it means, by the way.

Thanks Mike....
the reason I asked on here for any tips is, as you probably well know, whoever you speak to at the town hall / hoikuen etc. tells you something completely different.

Back
Top Bottom