Check out all the you're missing!

no way... 😲

ok ok this is too good to be true
where is it offered??

bah I want it >_<
please say it will be offered in America I can't read the japanese
:sick:

I'd seriously come close to paying anything for a for a channel like that

Tell me about it. I don't know, you may be able to get it from a sattellite TV provider... I sure as hell am going to try to get it when I go back to Canada...

That sounds so cool. curse me for not having cable at all. pity me! lol j/k I'm .mostly content with buying all my anime. Of course I'm mostly broke. ^_^ Has anyone hear watched FY or Weiss Kruez (I really want to see that)? When I'm 18, I'll get cable...^_^😭

The Anime Network? Couldn't access their Web site, is that an American-based network? If so...

Yeah, theanimenetwork is only available in the States... and too bad at-x is only offered in Japanese (plz correct me if i'm wrong)... crap....

yeah it is an american based network. it looks like it only shows the animes licensed to ADV films. which include noir, rahxephon, excel saga, evangelion, golden boy, and others. but leaves out alot more really good shows for that same reason. i dont see why you couldnt pull it off a satelite in canada if the providerer offers it. which mine here still doesnt plus i think its a rather new channel so it may take some time to spread.

Well, from what I hear, satellite providers are more flexible about what they offer, because they're realizing that not everybody needs 256 channels, 30 of which are home shopping channels. This anime channel airs anime in English only, I would guess? No good for me anymore. I just can't stand the stuff anymore... it's just not the same... But I understand that's not everyone's case...

the anime network is only available in the greater philidephia area, free of charge to digital cable subscribers. they havent gotten back to me yet for what language the programing is in, though i assume its english. i also cant stand watching it dubbed, the english voices just dont fit right plus they tend change trivial things for reasons beyond me.

Tell me about it. I don't know what it is with English, but the emotions of the dialogs and characters just don't come through. I don't know whether it has to do with the language or if it's the voice-actors who just can't act right, but...

Yeah, I can't stand dubbed anime as well; those cheesy voice acting and terrible emotions really drive me nuts. For the anime that I watch, all of them are subtitiled. (I even go as far as deleting the whole series that I have downloaded if it was dubbed)... Bah.....

I'd probably end up doing that too, if my stuff was on CD... But I have rather rare dubbed stuff that, even dubbed, is worth something--Macross, do you remember love dubbed in English and subbed in Japanese... But I bought the Mononoke Hime DVD second hand last weekend... It contains all the subbed versions... I mean Clare Danes?!?!? Gimme a break! Also, don't you get the feeling that anime voice-actors have been around forever? I'm still reeling from the shock of hearing the voice-actor for Max Sterling in Robotech here and there even now! Even some of the voice in the Animatrix sounded familiar...

Once you watch the original verson you can't go back to the dubbed. Sometimes the voices are alright, but they never quite at the same level as the Japanese voices. Some of the voices are really awful in dubbed. My brother accidentally picked the English version on his dvd of .hack and he said Mimiru's voice made him cringe. It was that awful. Dubbed is better than nothing and for some anime the dailogue is pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom