What's new

Best All around Japanese related site

U

user9557

I am a student of Japanese myself, others might find my website helpful if your learning the language. I am currently writing a book too.

Click on Japanese when you arrive at the homepage, you are welcome to surf through the rest of the site. Its mostly about my life and interest, which is why the Japanese section of the website is a good 1/3 of the site.

In this area you can find quizzes for studying katakana, hiragana, and kanji. Either paper quizzes or electronic software you can run directly in your browser. Also great software to show the correct brush strokes of the japanese characters. And many international Japanese TV shows you can watch 24/7 to practice your listening ability

Plus, I love movies, so if you wish to watch Japanese TV shows Free on the internet 24/7 visit my movies area of the site, where you can watch live TV from many different countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE your site. I haven't been able to find any good sites that have kanji flash cards (so I don't have to make my own). Also... i like the streaming tv stations =)

Also... do you happen to know of any streams of tvtokyo or NHK? I've been dying to find one...

Thanks a ton! :)

Last edited:
Streaming TV! Sweet! Thanks. :D

*edit*

Also, do you know of other japanese TV sites? Preferrably ones with japanese sitcoms or doramas, perhaps anime?

you're site is freakin a+ for allowing me to see japanese tv 24/7. I'm like getting brainwashed with this baby channel stuff. ☝

Thanks for the tip trancefuel!! The site is COOL!! I missed a site on tv streaming from Japan....GREAT!!

Now I can watch tv from Japan..... 🙂:

Thank you so much for the site.
I admire your effort in studying Japanese on your own.

I sat and watched so-net tv, and a weird programme was on (for me, weird anyway): loads of Japanese girls in bikinis having a weird contest in a swimming pool, they had to push each other into the water with their behinds.....yep, most definately a Japanese programme.!! :D

entertainment is very...erm...different in Japan.

Miss_apollo7 said:
I sat and watched so-net tv, and a weird programme was on (for me, weird anyway): loads of Japanese girls in bikinis having a weird contest in a swimming pool, they had to push each other into the water with their behinds.....yep, most definately a Japanese programme.!! :D

entertainment is very...erm...different in Japan.

That prog has been on a lot... same with FFXI tv and Ragnarok Online TV... either its reruns all the time or its just a repeating stream
:?

zeroyon said:
That prog has been on a lot... same with FFXI tv and Ragnarok Online TV... either its reruns all the time or its just a repeating stream
:?
Are there any "real" or "live" tv streams then? Or are most of them just reruns and repeating....because I have noticed some always repeated, like if I turned it off and started again, the tv stream/channel would start all over again.....

Miss_apollo7 said:
Are there any "real" or "live" tv streams then? Or are most of them just reruns and repeating....because I have noticed some always repeated, like if I turned it off and started again, the tv stream/channel would start all over again.....

hmmm... NASA tv is a direct live stream (i think??)... as well as most streams on peercast.org ... but i havent actually seen any "direct stream" tv feeds from japan...

EDIT: interesting fact... the international space station is directly over japan as i type this now (at least according to NASA tv) :D

thanks all to who replied

I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it whatever aspect of it. I will actually be moving the Japanese related stuff soon. I'm trying to make the sites specific to what they are. IE. there is so much stuff hidden under layers of layers and its hard for people to even find the heart of the site. Anyways, yeah, I basically started the whole internet tv streams just to watch Japanese TV. I love watching and helps me with my learning. But being an American and travelling aboard in Europe, Asia, and the middle east, I fell in love with just watching anything foreign so decided to make the rest of the links and scour the internet.

But I'm glad you are all enjoying the tv streams. I will soon be making a nice little feature, so basically the stream will start playing in the browser, and then there will be a link to launch the stream into a windows media player (the actual player) so that you can resize the hell out of it. Some of the shows can be actually enlarged because they are higher quality streams, however the lower quality ones the size I made is perfect.
I would greatly appreciate the help, as this site is completely free to use and suck up the bandwidth, I am a one-man team, any help is appreciated and duly noted.

As for which streams are live and which aren't, that is a good question. Most changes, however, even if they are not live. for example, NKS the Japanese broadcasting station has the same stream play over and over again, however they come out with a new one every couple of days or if a big event occurs. The PURELY live streams would probably be ones with live people talking and doing something with a computer. But most do change, so I wouldn't worry about seeing the same thing twice, especially with the huge selection.

ALSO, if you notice a link that's not on my list but on the internet, please report it to me, so i can update it on the site..

Thanks for the good comments. I just started to let people know about the site and I spent the last couple of months putting it together, so to actually see people get use out of it (ie. the japanese language learning section, viewing the streams to practice hearing or whatever) it makes me feel that i didn't spend all that time just for myself.

LONG LIVE the FREE INTERNET

doo itashimashite

Vegetasama - San! doo itashimashite!

Be sure to use the online quizzes they are very helpful in keeping your kana fresh and quick and the downloadable pdf files are great to study. I included the answers to each one within the file to. So that you can check your results. I will be posting the book I am writing to the site so you can read it to. Its gonna be like an entire first semester of college Japanese! it's only like 100 pages and has pretty much everything to get you going with a detailed explanation of the average AMERICAN ENGLISH speaker.

BTW, if you really like the site sign up on the forum or email me so i have your email and i can update you when i publish the japanese book i'm writing to the website for free. also, spreading the word about my site also helps others to benefit from the site like yourself is doing. anyways, take care and good luck with your studying. Im starting to get japanese people to regsiter on the forum, so if you have any japanese related questions visit the forum and post them, and hopefully they will post you an answer. anyways, glad the site is helpful, which is why i posted it here for others interested in japan. spend time watching Japanese tv, probably the most helpful, seriously! unless you have a japanse girlfriend ;)

"Are there any "real" or "live" tv streams then?"
some are. check their websites.
the so-net tv channel uses a hodgepodge of the stuff they have available (for online purchase), like the sunshine (hizashi) or lavender episodes
btw, cyberjapan.tv

400 Channels Now! Whoa

hey, guys, I wanted to update you. I have updated a TON of channels. I will have about 400 by the end of this month, and I will be working on the code for this site. the Japanese specific stuff has moved. But yeah, been busting my a** for HOURS AND HOURS, finding more links and making sure they work. but yeah, 400!!!!! so be sure to check out the new ones.

Wow you're jumping all over forums aren't you?
I saw you at Japantoday also!!!

Ever feel like you have deja vu??

Matrix wa nan desu ka.

I'm glad you are putting all the effort in it, i really love your site :)

Also, as for video resizing, I view the source code of the page and find the stream address, and then paste it into windows media player so I can resize the crap out of it. =)

Back
Top Bottom