Ashita no Joe, great story of a boxer

Dream Time

後輩
20 Jul 2003
I am not a big fan of comic and anime,
but love this series,
I think it is a very powerful serie of comic and anime,
I've only got 25 episodes of the anime on DVD,
but I've already finished reading the comic.

the art looks pretty old (because the serie was from the late 1960s to 1980s),I didn't get used to it when I first saw it,but the story is great.

the boxing is somehow much more realistic than other boxing comics I've read.

the story is about this loner,Joe,
who just wanders on street and fights
turning from a wild kid who never cared about other people,to a real man who everybody loves,burns his life to white ashes and dies on the boxing ring.

I think this story is very meaningful,
it tells us to do the things we want to do,don't waste our life away,Joe died after fighting 13 rounds with the world champion,but he died with a graceful smile like a baby,he must be very satisfied of the things he accomplished during his short life.

Ashita no joe in Italy was called "Rocky Joe" and the the story was very sad; Italian television not realased all the story and the series stopped at 20th episode.:p

yea the story is very sad,but it is very meaningful and exciting

this is the comic that made me started to learn boxing:box:

Well, well, well... you're a boxeur! My brother enjoy himself in this sport; when I was a child, all japanese anime recalled in me the passion of many discipline :p But now... aaarghh: pokemon! Bye, Dream Time, excuse me for the reply VERY LATER!😊

I want to see this anime or read the manga! I'm very fond of classic anime/manga. The problem is, I don't know how to get my hands on it!
I want to start watching the first season.

The message of the story sounds very touching, and I like animated that makes you cry and think. Man, I WANNA SEE IT SOOO BAD! =(.

By the way, I heard that an actual funeral was held when one of the main characters died... omoshiroi...

By the way, it was very disrespectful of you to spoil the end. Now it won't be as fun for me to watch.
Thank you so much for not being able to enjoy the story to its fullest. :(
NOT!

Originally posted by budd
the manga is still reprinted in big comic today isn't it?

I think it is still reprinted
there are English version of this comic available

Originally posted by Elwin
I want to see this anime or read the manga! I'm very fond of classic anime/manga. The problem is, I don't know how to get my hands on it!
I want to start watching the first season.

The message of the story sounds very touching, and I like animated that makes you cry and think. Man, I WANNA SEE IT SOOO BAD! =(.

By the way, I heard that an actual funeral was held when one of the main characters died... omoshiroi...

By the way, it was very disrespectful of you to spoil the end. Now it won't be as fun for me to watch.
Thank you so much for not being able to enjoy the story to its fullest. :(
NOT!

oh sorry:p

actually I thought many anime fans already know the ending even if they didn't see this comic/anime,because it is a very famous scene
I knew the ending before I started reading the comic

I felt very bad knewing the ending. It was a painful night trying to convince myself that it wasn't true, but I couldn't make it.

Please, in the future, warn before you're uncovering important steps in a story. :(

I'm planning to make one in swedish, but I have to read the whole manga first. The site would be quite weak, otherwise.

Originally posted by silver angel
I've never heard of it before. o_o;; Are there any(fan) sites for it?

you can go to Yahoo Japan and search for 'Ashita no Joe'
there are quite a few fan sites of this

Originally posted by Elwin
But most of them are in japanese right?

yes

or you can go to Yahoo and search 'Ashita no Joe'
'Tomorrow's Joe'
and 'Yabuki Joe' or 'Joe Yabuki'

then you will see some English sites

DREAM TIME, YOU ******! I was only done with Episode 9! And thanks to your stupidity, you ruined the damned ending to me! Joe was such an interesting character, but knowing that's gonna happen at the end, I'm kinda pissed!

TetsunoskeG said:
DREAM TIME, YOU ******! I was only done with Episode 9! And thanks to your stupidity, you ruined the damned ending to me! Joe was such an interesting character, but knowing that's gonna happen at the end, I'm kinda pissed!

if I have ruined it,I would apologize,but you are simply being rude,
by the way, I knew the ending before I started reading the comic and watching the anime ,it did not take away the enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom