What's new

Tech Apple increases iPhone and iPad prices by 20 per cent

News stories related to technology and innovation.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Due to the weakening yen and rising inflation, Apple decided to hike its iPhone and iPad prices by some 20%. The entry-level iPhone 13 now costs 117,800 JPY (870 USD), Apple's website showed, compared to 99,800 JPY previously.

The iPhone 13 mini is now listed at 99,800 JPY, and the basic iPhone 13 at 117,800 JPY. Glad we upgraded last December. :)

iPhone-13.jpg

I must have no life. I've had my Samsung for 8 monthes and never used it once. I only carry it to call 911 for help and haven't needed any so far.

Their MacBook pro prices went up in early june, when they announced a new 'air' model. Something like ¥321k to ¥366k for the model I had been eyeing. At least that bump was less than 20%.

I was holding out till the fall for an iPad, since that's when new models tend to come out, and now it looks like that's going to cost me over ¥20,000. Maybe I'll postpone another year or two to squeeze value out of the current one.

It's frustrating, but the new economy is going to teach everyone in Japan to stop buying so much stuff.

I was holding out till the fall for an iPad, since that's when new models tend to come out, and now it looks like that's going to cost me over ¥20,000. Maybe I'll postpone another year or two to squeeze value out of the current one.

It's frustrating, but the new economy is going to teach everyone in Japan to stop buying so much stuff.
Maybe try buying a used one. Some people will upgrade to the latest model no matter what. Even if their current model is working just fine.

Back
Top Bottom