What's new

Any pool players around?

Elizabeth

先輩
22 Apr 2003
I wanted to say the following to a Japanese friend (most of it I think I got, but he still didn't understand fully):

1. At what angle do you hold/tilt the cue stick when breaking the balls in a game of tamatsuki?

2. In 3-ball online whether you hold the cue stick at a 0 or 15 degree angle, the movement of the balls is about the same.

3. You can even hold the stick at a 25 degree angle and still make contact with at least one of the balls.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OK--these are my best attempts.

1. Biriyaudo wo suru toki hajime no tama wo chirasu tame ni dono kakudo kara uchimasuka?

2. Netto de no [3 ball] wo suru toki 0 do made 15 do no aida nara dono kakudo kara utte mo tama no ugoki wa hotondo onaji da to omoimasu.

3. 25 (kaku) do demo sukunakutomo 1 tama wo uteru to omoimasu.

They still need to be confirmed though. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not really sure but it looks like you pretty much got it. Here are the changes I'd make to what you wrote:

1. Biriyaudo wo suru toki hajime ni tama wo chirashitara dono kakudo de uchimasuka?

2. Netto de no [3 ball] wo suru toki 0 do kara 15 do madeno aida nara dono kakudo kara utte mo tama no ugoki wa hotondo onaji da to omoimasu.

3. 25 (kaku) do demo sukunakutemo 1 tama wo uteru to omoimasu.

These are just guesses. Best to check with a billiards-knowledgeable NS in this case.

Originally posted by mdchachi
I'm not really sure but it looks like you pretty much got it. Here are the changes I'd make to what you wrote:

1. Biriyaudo wo suru toki hajime ni tama wo chirashitara dono kakudo de uchimasuka?

2. Netto de no [3 ball] wo suru toki 0 do kara 15 do madeno aida nara dono kakudo kara utte mo tama no ugoki wa hotondo onaji da to omoimasu.

3. 25 (kaku) do demo sukunakutemo 1 tama wo uteru to omoimasu.

These are just guesses. Best to check with a billiards-knowledgeable NS in this case.
Thanks a lot, @mdchachi ! :) Yes, the last three were just oversights and I will check back with the intended recipient again to make sure he understood as well as you. 😅

And finally from my tutor some more literal variations on this same theme....

1)。 ビリヤードの始めに玉を散らす時 どの様な角度で 棒を握りま すか?

2)。インターネットの ビリヤードでは、棒の角度が 0度から 15度の間は、玉の動 きは ほとんど同じです。

3)。たとえ棒を25度の角度に 握っても 少なくても 1玉に ぶつけることが 出来ます。

Back
Top Bottom