What's new

Any information Rokko island or near.

thread merged.

I live near Rokko Island and have been there a couple of times. It has a lot of shops, foreigners and really feels like a small island. I don't think the location is very convenient if you are not working on the island itself. I would rather choose for a place like Nishinomiya, Hankyu Rokko or Okamoto (maybe Amagasaki as well).

Last edited:
thread merged.

I live near Rokko Island and have been there a couple of times. It has a lot of shops, foreigners and really feels like a small island. I don't think the location is very convenient if you are not working on the island itself. I would rather choose for a place like Nishinomiya, Hankyu Rokko or Okamoto (maybe Amagasaki as well).

Thanks DB: I thought I was seeing double:rolleyes:

Is Rokko Island overly expensive to rent?

I've heard it was a nice place to live, and a possible choice so Kai could attend International school which I am guessing is in nearby?

Looks like Kansai is proving popular..

My wife is certainly stuck on Kyoto..

We are planning for the return and the apartment is up for sale on this side..

you also have a very nice European / deutsche school in Hankyu rokko. Lot of international schools in the area (the European school is probably the oldest and most expensive I think).

I'm not sure about the price, the whole area between Kobe and Osaka is pretty expensive. You plan to stay long in Japan?

you also have a very nice European / deutsche school in Hankyu rokko. Lot of international schools in the area (the European school is probably the oldest and most expensive I think).

I'm not sure about the price, the whole area between Kobe and Osaka is pretty expensive. You plan to stay long in Japan?

Last edited:

Your previous post was doubled.. This forum does funny things sometimes!

yes, we plan to reside for a long time, possibly to retirement even beyond..

It's been big decision times over the last two years and I think we are finalizing..

I will research the schools and area more on the web..

We have some good friends, a Japanese couple who work on the international airlines and they have a house in Rokko so I must catch up with them for more info.

The school definitely soudns interesting..

I'm not interested in Osaka for some reason..

I thought a thread about this topic would be better... I only made a mistake regarding the best area in Japan... (my bad... I can't change it back.)

Why an International school when you are maybe planning on living here for a long time? How about a regular school?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom