What's new

Any Chrno Crusade fans out there?

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
I love Chrno Crusade! This is a shounen/seinen series about a nun, Sister Rosette Christopher, who is a contractor to a demon, Chrno. Together, along with apostle Asmaria Hendrick, they search to find Rosette's brother, Joshua...and that's scratching the surface.

This is based on the manga version, created by Daisuke Moriyama. Anime version was created by GONZO.

Websites on Kuroku...

Devil Inside is a site that has a ton of info on this wonderful series.

The official website for Chrno Crusade is here.

Astral Lines is one of the premier Chrno Crusade forums on the net.

Attachments

• bg_main.jpg
    bg_main.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 208
Originally posted by yokutoshi
I dont like anime. Its not the reason why I study Japanese.

:eek:
Oy, if you're gonna say how much you hate anime, please, take it somewhere else, okay? Sankyu...
🙂

I've been watching it. It's not great by any means (judging only from the anime and not the manga), but it's entertaining.

Originally posted by Hachiko
Together, along with apostle Asmaria Hendrick, they search to find Rosette's brother, Joshua...and that's scratching the surface.

If that's the case, I do hope there is a second season to this series since it is only from what I hear 13 episodes so far.

Attention all Kuroku diehards...

Since Devil Inside and Astral Lines are down right now (due to going over their bandwidth), here is an alternative site to Chrno Crusade:

horn no nai akuma

Before I stumbled upon Chrno Crusade, I saw this site. It's pretty good, and has some spoofy OOC parodies...👏 ;)

Hachiko: Yokutoshi has every right to claim his or her disdain. Thats the freedom of this board.

And that picture you posted looks a lot like Bridget, but I know its not...is it? Regardless, I love him! I cosplayed as him last AX, and am doing it again this year, since I love him so much.

Originally posted by Winter
Hachiko: Yokutoshi has every right to claim his or her disdain. Thats the freedom of this board.

I know that. Don'tget me wrong, I respect Yokutoshi's disdain, but Yokutoshi needs to post it on a different/new thread on this board, though. This is a thread to talk about Chrno Crusade, not the pitfalls of anime.

Anyway, now let me say a brief soapbox on the anime version of CC. This will be in white, so if you haven't watched this, please do not highlight and read.

GONZO, the creators of the anime version, messed up the manga version of Kuroku pretty bad, as some of my friends from the Astral Lines board said. One user said that Chrno Truth was drawn disproportionately, and that the plot did not follow correctly.

Also, in the anime version, there is a lot of fanservice. For example, in Episode 3, while Rosette and Chrno are in Vegas playing slots (a 16-year old playing slots!?), Rosette wags her rear end in front of Chrno. Also, in Episode 7, Ion kisses Rosette, which (according to one user) is complete sacrilege of what Ion does. Fiore Heavenheight sounds completely out of character (she's nice and sweets, instead of evil), and Rosette sounds like an obnoxious kid at times.

Chrno's seiyuu (Ishida Akira) dsoesn't sound like he fits the role well, either. Asmaria sounds like a 20-30 year old try9ing to sound like a 12-year old. (Screams are praiseworthy, though.) The only good characters whose seiyuu fit the bill are Reminton, the Elder, Sister Kate, and Ion.

Also, one should notice that the places in Chrno Crusade were changed to protect the names, as I would suspect. Of course, this is no surprise. For example, just to go off topic, in Super GALS!, 109 Department Store was renamed to 10Q, and the McDonalds sign was given indigo and yellow colors, and inverted. So, once I think about it, it's not surprising to see an actual place in an anime like Kuroku to be changed, as I would suspect you would need a lot of money to gain permission, royalties, etc., whatever.

Also, Chrno's transformation scene in Episode 4 looked too shoujo-like. There have been complaints by my friends at Astral Lines about the scene. It's like this: Rosette collapses, auras all over, Chrno turns into Chrno Truth. It's a transformation scene that is mahou-shoujo worthy. Of course, Stella's attack is a bit mahou-like too, as GONZO wanted to compliement the manga. Thus, it is a necessary evil.

What also disappoints me is that this will only be a 13-episode jaunt. Episode 10 will be appearing in a few days, and we are jaunting through Volume 2. CC has 7 volumes out so far. So, the last epuisode/two episodes may have a lot of things sandwiched, which really sucks, unless they decided to put in a second series, which will make it easy for the Kuroku fans. (note that I use CC and Kuroku interchangeably.)

In addition, CC is still running as we speak, so GONZO has to draw up their own ending, should the anime end at 13 episodes. Not suprising. There are a lot of anime series whose manga version are still going strong. Super GALS! ended in February 2002. The manga version would end until a few months later. So, it shouldn't be a surprise.

Nonetheless, Chrno Crusade is something you definitely want to check out. Go to Download Anime to get torrents on this. There are a lot of fansub groups that are doing this, so you're never out of luck.

Pardon this double post...:sorry:

Confessions
This is another Chrno Crusade discussion forum. Unfortunately, it has been inactive for a while...:eek: :p

Originally posted by Hachiko
I know that. Don'tget me wrong, I respect Yokutoshi's disdain, but Yokutoshi needs to post it on a different/new thread on this board, though. This is a thread to talk about Chrno Crusade, not the pitfalls of anime.

Point well taken.

Back
Top Bottom