What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Any Nobuo Uematsu fans here?

Tragedy

Kouhai
Reaction score
Like the title asks, are there any fans here? I listen to his music everyday. I've learned to play a lot of his songs on guitar and piano. This man is a musical genius and needs to be more recognized than just an "anime composer". He should be doing movies...

SupAhSusHi

先輩
Reaction score
yes im a fan desu ^__^ i love his work, my favorite ones are FF9 & 10.. ack! actually i like all of em

Crag> ever played any final fantasy game? he composes all of em, well except some parts of FF9.. does that ring a bell?

M10

Kouhai
Reaction score
Yeah he is a genius!
I loved the Zanarkand's theme of FFX !
and many others! ^^

Mr. Manji

先輩
Reaction score
ya hes a good composer..... i havent heard much of his work outside of the final fantasy stuff, but what i did get a chance to hear was really good stuff. i agree with his skill he should be doing work for movies

Spike308

Sempai
Reaction score
Has anyone hear 'acquired' his song to fame? One Winged Angel. He even did an Orchestra version. I saw the soundtrack at Sugoi con, but I only 'acquired' the Orchestrated MP3 on WinMX. It's beautiful, stunning, brilliant, divine all in one :)

Ma Cherie

Your Goddess is here
Reaction score
I would have to say that I am a fan of Nobou Uemetsu, he's very talented.

Camui

Crimson Butterfly
Reaction score
he's a musical genious...I can't believe he left Square Enix, but atleast he's still in the business with his own company...among my favorites of his compositions are Aeris's Theme and the Theme for Zanarkand..I'll have to look for the other titles of the songs that I like..but of his there are many..I hope that one day I can hear the concert with the Phillarmonic Prchestra playing his wonderful songs..I wish I had gone to E3..does anyone know if he's planning o do anymore concerts in the U.S.?

dreamer

Sempai
Reaction score
I like him as well, although I also like sakuraba or kenji ito

Revenant

Sempai
Reaction score
I like some of his works. The stuff he did for Final Fantasy 6 was great, and FF7 was good also. I've got the entire FF6 sountrack, and the album the Black mages.

isayhello

Sempai
Reaction score
Black Mages aren't too good, though. I just LOVE his work with the FF-games, but I don't care too much about the Black Mages...

Camui

Crimson Butterfly
Reaction score
I haven't heard Black Mages... I don't mean to sound stupid, but who are they??...are they any good??

isayhello

Sempai
Reaction score
They're talented musicians and all.. only, sometimes their music is a little too metal and too.. hard. At least I think so..

Japanimaniac

Sempai
Reaction score
I myself love the Black Mages. Not as good as the original songs, of course, but still awesome. I guess it depends on what kind of music you like. ^.^

isayhello

Sempai
Reaction score
Ya, I guess. I just love the originals, so I guess I don't like them remade... The FF original soundtracks are soooo good 😍

puKKa

ねえーちゃん
Reaction score
Nobou Uematsu is one of the best composers out there, except for Yuki Kajiura who is #1 ^^

enix_fan

先輩
Reaction score
Crag said:
never heard of it before
He's a music composer :)

👍 I lke the game music/song he did for squaresoft (now squareenix) I haven't heard anime music from him though :sorry:

isayhello

Sempai
Reaction score
NANI!!? He does anime music!? *feels stupid* I never heard any anime music...

Top Bottom