What's new

America Rule the World?!

mieboy

先輩
16 Aug 2003
I think u people know... But on January 1, people who need a visa to get in the USA. "U.S. Customs, using digital technology, began photographing and taking fingerprints of arriving foreigners Monday. The only exceptions are visitors from 27 countries -- mostly European nations -- whose citizens are allowed into the United States for up to 90 days without visas. "
Brazil is based on reprocity about international laws... It's like if a Brazilian doesnt need a visa to get in ur country u wont need a visa to get in Brazil too...Brazilians doesnt need a visa to get in some countries like Andorra,Argentina, Austria,Bahamas,Barbados,Belgium,Bolivia,Chile,Colombia,Costa Rica,Denmark,Ecuados,Finland,France,Germany,Greece,Hungary,Iceland,Ireland,Israel,Italy,Liechtenstein,Luxembourg,Malasia,Monaco,Morocco,Namibia,Netherlands,Norway, S.M.Order of Alta(What's that?), Paraguay,Peru,Philippines,Poland,Portugal,San Marino,Slovenia,South Africa, South Korea,Spain,Surinam,Sweden,Switzerland,Thailand,Trinidad&Tobago, UNited Kingdom,Uruguay,Vatican,Venezuela...
There are some Brazilians that were already in the US. They had the visas and they were treated like criminals and deported to Brazil...Why? Dont ask me I dont know...Many Brazilians (doctors, students, teachers and ordinary people) has been treated like animals there.
What do u peolple think about that?I mean we dont have terrorists in Brazil. We dont make war..We're very friendly people! We are a mix of all countries - americans, africans, asians,europeans and a Mix of Religions...But we respect all people...no matter if u're black, white or yellow. If u're rich or poor...People hang out together...It's nice.
I have many friends Japaneses, Australians, English, Koreans, Brazilians, Italians...And everybody dont like Americans. They say that they're arrogant and thinks they rules the world... I dont think so.. I have some American friends and they're very nice...But some stuffs that this President Bush did it...He's making the world hate the US...
Brazilians we agree with this new law that a judge made it...
It's not a matter if ur country is powerfull or something like that...We all human beings and we need all respect..

Since Nine Eleven..

America seems to have gone nutso when it comes to security. I guess it makes some people feel secure. I think terroists can strike anytime and anywhere they want; but now all they have to do is set back and watch us destroy ourselves with our own efforts. It would seem our own programs will bankrupt the country and make other friendly countries and people hate us. Here in Maine they have closed major bridges and the airport at the drop of a hint of a problem. People look at all dark skinned people as possible terriosts and come out with dumb comments about their fears. I guess with todays political climate we are susposed to grin & bear it??

Frank

🙂

After that terrorism atack in NY I think America is right to do everything they thinks its right to their own citizens and for people who's travelling there... Bush, he knew that there were no weapons in Iraq...All he wanted is just their oil...He disrespect the United Nations...So why there is United Nations?For nothing? Bush father made war, so his son...An American cant travel in safe anymore...They are target of terrorism atack in some countries in Asia, Europe...Thats a pity.
Yesterday Bush said in ALCA conference: I blame CUBA, there's no place for dictatorship in Latin America...But who's him to say that?He is a Dictator and the worst one...But who am I to judge?
PEACE

Heh, nifty thread.

You know what worries me? Bush's war for "oil." The answer isn't that simple. Looking at everything in Iraq and the way its going. What was the purpose? Could be many things; it also be that there was never a solid reason. That's what worries me.

Ahh... Government, the necessary evil.

I don't agree with most of Bush's policies. I don't agree with the war on terrorism or the war on Iraq's "WMD." I believe the media is brainwashing people to feel unnecessarily fearful. I don't deny that big money corporations did play a large factor in invading Iraq. The Patriot Act is a violation of constitutional rights. American rivaly with Cuba is a remminant of the Cold War and Communist containment therefore unnecessary.

And remember, the reason for any foreign and domestic policy is terriorism, terrorism, terrorism, 9-11, 9-11, 9-11.

PS. I agree with you but I like when people substansiate their claims with published articles.

America ruling the world? We would have so much power that they wouldn't know what to do. The president? It would be to many people they would go ballistic its already hard enough for them right now. Sooner or later everyone would be power hungry and I really don't wanna think about it.:D 😊 👍

Originally posted by mieboy
think u people know... But on January 1, people who need a visa to get in the USA. "U.S. Customs, using digital technology, began photographing and taking fingerprints of arriving foreigners Monday.
I have no problem with that as long as it can be done efficiently, and doesn't make people wait extra hours in line at the airport. Of course it is absurd to think that this will solve the security problem when thousands come every day completely unchecked over the Mexican border.

There are some Brazilians that were already in the US. They had the visas and they were treated like criminals and deported to Brazil...Why?
Probably because their visas had expired. This is pretty rare I think though. People who break immigraiton laws in the US are not usually deported.There are currently about 10 million illegal aliens in the US, a fair number of them from Brazil.

But some stuffs that this President Bush did it...He's making the world hate the US..
That is certainly true.

The american government has always been quite paranoid imo ... reminds me... anyone seen that movie Bowling for Columbine? That movie pretty much summed it up for me... especially that skit from south park...

I have many thoughts om Bush and the USA ... and sometimes I even disagree with myself ;)

OK so the US takes immense security precautions? Hmm, I don't know people, just pick up those visas. The US are sovereign so it's up to them to set the rules for entry by foreigners. What I don't like is how the US forces other nations to oblige to their ever whim. Now that is kind of megalomaniac. The latest thing from my vantage point is where airlines should provide the US Immigration Office with 35 details about each person flying to the US (hmm I hope I got this story straight, no time to look things up). I can't even think of 35 things I'd want to know. And the really bothersome thing is that the US doesn't really like to diiscuss these things at some length with the international instances involved, no, they forcefeed it :/

:p

i watched other day on the news. Most of then had the tourist visa or the working visa And their visa hadn't expired. There was a female doctor who was there to go to some convention... But they made her wait for more than 9 hours in a room, with two securities and she couldnt do anything there, use the cell...even let her drink a cup of water. And about the long waiting hours... Brazil bought some machines(they spent millions of dollar) to do that process faster.
This is ridiculous. With that money they spent buying those machines They could give this money to the poor people living there...
PEACE for everyone!👍

Last edited:
Originally posted by Erik
The american government has always been quite paranoid imo ... reminds me... anyone seen that movie Bowling for Columbine? That movie pretty much summed it up for me... especially that skit from south park...

"Bowling for Columbine" is garbage. Everything Moore said with the film, every single point he made was a lie.

Re: Re: America Rule the World?!

Probably because their visas had expired. This is pretty rare I think though. People who break immigraiton laws in the US are not usually deported.There are currently about 10 million illegal aliens in the US, a fair number of them from Brazil.

I know that there are many illegal Brazilians living in the US, but. I'm talking about terrorism and about being identified in the airports... Even to do transit in the airports(I go by Canada anyway) we need a visa....As there are many illegals Brazilians in the US. There are many illegal Americans in Brazil too.. But I dont wanna talk about that :eek:

I sympathize with anyone who gets held up at an airport for no good reason. If they can't do the picture/fingerprint system efficiently, they shouldn't be doing it. Work the bugs out before you inflict that stuff on the public.

Originally posted by Matthew C. Perry
"Bowling for Columbine" is garbage. Everything Moore said with the film, every single point he made was a lie.

I don't think every single point he made was a lie, but I also don't see how America's gun violence has much to do with terrorist precautions in airports.

I wonder how many millions of dollars America is wasting on terrorism prevention per actual REAL terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom