What's new

Am I right? Name in Kanji Help

thecoop

後輩
7 May 2007
I was curious if this is written correct?
I want to say (vertical Kanji) Alice Cooper.

Is this right?

why would you write his name in ateji?

try katakana: アリス・クーパー or アーリス・クーパー

I agree with nice gaijin, unless you're merely asking on an academic level.

The reason is that no one would ever understand what that means unless they were specifically told. Non-Japanese names that are not chinese in nature (i.e. not legally in Chinese characters) are almost always written in katakana.

Ah ok. So then writing it in katakana makes more sense?
I'm very VERY new to this lol. So thanks for the help.
I'm trying to create his name for a painting I did. I need to write it next to it.
So I should find out how to create his name in katakana then?
Wheres the best place to find how to write Alice Cooper in Katakana and will I need to change anything if I write it vertically?
I found one site and got this:

h ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/pumpkinguts/katakana.jpg

Does that look right??
Thanks again!!

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, if you write it vertically, the horizontal bars ツー become vertical ツ|.

the dot is just there to separate the words; it is not necessary (especially if you break the name into two lines).

Why write Alice Cooper's name in Japanese, of all things?

lol
Well I did a painting of him but in a traditional Japanese style painting with ghosts. But I wanted to put his name vertically down the side.
So Im trying to see how to write it vertically.
I got some clips from his Japanese release album covers. Do any say his name?
I take it for #1 the first line says Alice * Cooper and the next line says Im guessing billion dollar baby? Then I can at least copy that.

Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
#s 1, 2, 4, 5 and the first image all have his name. You can see they have the same characters as the image you posted before, except that the horizontal bars have been made vertical. In the first image his last name is shown first, on the right.

Back
Top Bottom