What's new

News 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games ticket sales open

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
As of today, 9 May, ticket sales for the 2020 Olympics are open for residents of Japan. The application period for the ticket lottery runs until 28 May. Ticket prices range between 2,500 and 300,000 JPY, depending on events and seat category.

The website is here:

Due to the high demand visitors to the site are ranked. You will have to be patient:

2020-tickets.png

Anyone thinking of applying for tickets? If so which events would you like to watch?

Anyone thinking of applying for tickets? If so which events would you like to watch?
None of them, but according to a survey on the TV this morning, among Japanese people, by far the most popular event is the opening ceremony.

Actually the waiting time was over 4 hours long.

And it's still one hour today.

None of them, but according to a survey on the TV this morning, among Japanese people, by far the most popular event is the opening ceremony.

There's only one event I'd be interested to see: the men's bicycle road race. That's a route I have ridden several times with other team members. Doshi-michi up to Lake Yamanaka is incredibly scenic.

Mikuni-toge from the south is a killer. I'd like to see the pros negotiating it.

tokyo2020-roadrace.jpg

A ride up to the fifth station of Fuji would have been good!

I agree, but that would only work if the finish line were on Fuji, too. Probably there wouldn't be enough space for the spectators and media crews. Most classic races finish in a velodrome or a stadium which is perhaps why they selected Fuji Speedway.

Back
Top Bottom