What's new

2 important questions about GPA and choice of University

Akramsey07

後輩
26 Aug 2013
Dear friends,

I am currently sending out my Mext applications and I have few issues wanted to gget your opinions on. I have selected 3 universities that I have received acceptance from professors,however there is one more university that I have not put down as my top universities that I would like to apply to. would it be fruitless to do so? Does Mext only take into account the three you have chosen or can you still apply? Any advice would be grand. Also, I have applied to some of the top schools for study Keio, Waseda, Sophia. However I have a 2.95 GPA. Will Passing the primary screening of Mext make that less of an issue? Or shouldiI be scared shirtless. Thanks guys

My suggestion is that you should select one of your universities that accept you and even if that university is not on your list, it does not cause any problem. Since if you send them all of your letter of acceptances, I think it's likely that MEXT will choose some university for you and that may not be your most wanted university. For GPA, it depends on each university. Different universities have different criteria but in general, I do not think that MEXT students will give an edge over other regular candidates. You should look for their requirement in your university admission guideline. As long as there is no minimum GPA required, then GPA doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom