What's new

感じにする

raikado

先輩
29 Oct 2012
Hello,

Well, I didn't think I'd find myself in a pinch so soon after the last one. So, there is this scene in the manga where a couple of girls are making things out of clay. They turn towards girl A and can't figure out what she's making so they start guessing.

After that girl A says: さっきの流れ的に どう見ても肉球なのん。。。//as a side question, does anyone know what 流れ的 means? (I put the space there because those are separate text bubbles and I'm not sure if it should be in one sentence)

Then a girl looks at another thing girl A has made and says: でもそれなら こんな感じにしたほうが肉球っぽくない ?

Could anyone explain how 感じにする works?

I searched and it looks like people use こんな感じにしたほうがいいと思います when they are correcting someone and posting the correct answer. I guess this tranlates to "I think you should make it like this." but this is pretty much a guess.

I think the 的 suffix means characteristic,typical, like etc. e.g アメリカ 的 means American like.
I'm not sure but she might be saying that earlier it looked like a stream. And her friend says what ever it looked like, the fact is it looks like a meat ball.

Hello,

Well, I didn't think I'd find myself in a pinch so soon after the last one. So, there is this scene in the manga where a couple of girls are making things out of clay. They turn towards girl A and can't figure out what she's making so they start guessing.

After that girl A says: さっきの流れ的に どう見ても肉球なのん。。。//as a side question, does anyone know what 流れ的 means? (I put the space there because those are separate text bubbles and I'm not sure if it should be in one sentence)

Then a girl looks at another thing girl A has made and says: でもそれなら こんな感じにしたほうが肉球っぽくない?

Could anyone explain how 感じにする works?

I searched and it looks like people use こんな感じにしたほうがいいと思います when they are correcting someone and posting the correct answer. I guess this tranlates to "I think you should make it like this." but this is pretty much a guess.
流れ means "the flow of the conversation" here. They are making clay figures of cats (clione-cat and catgirl), so the girl A(= れんげ) says "according to the flow of the conversation, this is no doubt a paw pad (her words has a nuance of "don't you think so?")". (肉球 means "paw pad", not "meat ball". Meat ball is ミートボール or 肉団子.;-))

Your interpretation "I think you should make it like this" is correct, but the figure another girl(= 夏海) is looking at is not the one れんげ made. It's the one 夏海 has just made. She has made it herself and says the words to れんげ.

O_O I was left speechless when I looked up 肉球 and it wasn't meatball. It seemed so self explanatory...I mean you put the kanji for meat and the kanji for ball together and you expect it would end up meaning 'meat ball'.

So anyway, if I understand correctly 感じにする cannot be used on its own then? 感じ needs an adjective or some modifier to make any sense, right?

Exactly.

It's the reference to this, if it confused you.

Actually, those who tranlated the manga also thought it meant meat ball and I thought so as well because it seemed so intuitive.

Thanks a lot for helping me!

Sorry for giving you a bad steer.

Is さっきの流れ的に a common figure of speech? When you take 流れ to mean flow how does 的 modify it?
It reads like earlier flow like.
Is it just used in 口語?

Yeah, that usage of 的 is basically a young people's dialect. The meaning is close to ~としては, ~では or ~から見ると "about / regarding / on the point of view of~". See the following explanation about わたし的には / ぼく的には.

また最近、「わたし的には~」「ぼく的には~」という若い人が増えて批判の対象となった。これは「わたしは~」「ぼくは~」と直截に言うのを避けた言い方である。「わたしとしては~」「ぼくとしては~」とぼかした表現で、「個人的には~」「将来的には~」などと同じ用法と見てよい。
てき【的】の意味 - 国語辞書 - goo辞書

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom