What's new

Yamazaki Single malt

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
4 Feb 2005
I have just bought a bottle of 10 year old Yamazaki single malt. Has anyone tried this? Please tell me I've made a good choice. I'm used to scots single malts, so a comparison would be nice.

I have just bought a bottle of 10 year old Yamazaki single malt. Has anyone tried this? Please tell me I've made a good choice. I'm used to scots single malts, so a comparison would be nice.

How much did you pay for it? A small bottle costs 4,000 yen here. And did you drink it neat or did you have it on the rocks? Finally, what's your verdict on it?

It is a 70cl bottle that cost me about 17/18 pounds from Tescos.
I always drink malts neats and it is not a bad whisky compared to some I have had. It doesn't match up to the Glenlivet 12 year old nor the Highland Park 12 I have, but it comparable to the Balvenie 10 I have.

From what I have read whisky prices in Japan are a tad higher than in the UK. I can understand that for imports to Japan such as the Scottish malts, but I can't see why a Japanese malt is cheaper here than in Japan. I assume that spirit prices in Japan are naturally higher.

A tad higher?

18 pounds is only about 2,700 yen! A 700 ml bottle of 12 y.o. Glenlivet here costs about 4,500 yen.

I've never had whisky straight, always on the rocks. Next time the opportunity arises, I'll order it neat. But it's not the same without the clinking ice cubes.

Back
Top Bottom