What's new

Yamagata/Niigata Quake -- 6.7

TGI-ECT

先輩
6 Jan 2007
Maybe a tad overboard here, but I'm just posting so we can be sure none of our members in the badly affected areas are on the hurt list; except communications is spotty at present, so getting that information out may be difficult, if it is unfortunate that somebody is.

I also have a most unusual screen grab that indicates that folks around the world must really feel the Japanese are the best of the best at all levels in handling these shakes.

I also would offer that Chief Cabinet Secretary Suga did an excellent job with his announcement some 4 or 5 hours ago, although he could care less what I think.

Okay, enough of that --- do we know of folks/members that live in that area?

Just some sketchy images thrown up on NHK as of an hour or so ago and it appeared the usual type of walls and banked earth movements and such. Saw some structures looking not too cool, for sure. Some folks in shelters. But the biggie is no deaths reported. Unfortunately, that might be adjusted now as the light is on and the emergency folks get a better look around. But let us hope not.

EDIT: Apologies to the Other-Languages members, but for the folks that can handle even a bit of Japanese this is good for the latest:

Last edited:
One member of our bicycle forum lives on the Sea of Japan coast in Niigata. Apart from broken glass and a 10-cm tsunami, all's well.

These numbers came from the Yomiuri folks about 6 hours ago, so that should be about right for what we'd be able to refer to as recent.

Back
Top Bottom