What's new

Writing Name for Application

AmandaWoc130

Registered
24 Jan 2018
Hello, I am trying to fill out an application to attend the Nissan Heritage Showroom Tour in Zama during my stay this March-April. Aside from how to speak basic greetings, I do not know Japanese, and the application is in Japanese. I was looking for some help. On the application, it asks for name in full-width kana. I tried to do some research. Am I correct in translating "Jonathan Osborne" to ジョナサン オスボーン ?? Also, it asks for the spelling in phonetic full-width kana. I do not know how to do this, despite my research efforts.

It asks for the number of your party attending (2) in half-width kana. Would this simply be "2"?

And lastly, there is a section to which I could only translate as "profession." But I am unable to translate the drop-down menu. Can anyone tell me what they mean in order, first to last? I've attached a screen shot.

Thank you for listening. I am very much looking forward to my trip to Japan, and hope to attend this wonderful tour.

Best,

Amanda

Attachments

• Profession?.png
    Profession?.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 139
Am I correct in translating "Jonathan Osborne" to ジョナサン オスボーン ??
The most common transliteration of Osborne is オボーン since "s" is pronounced as "z".

It asks for the number of your party attending (2) in half-width kana. Would this simply be "2"?
Yes. Incidentally, "Jonathan Osborne" in half-width kana and "2" in full-width number are ジョナサン オズボーン and 2, respectively. See the following wiki page.
Halfwidth and fullwidth forms - Wikipedia

Can anyone tell me what they mean in order, first to last?
office worker
student
housewife
self-employment
public service worker
unemployed
others

Back
Top Bottom