What's new

Would this work?

Razahia

先輩
7 Jun 2013
私は公園に行きません一日中雨が降るので私の部屋に本 を読みます

(Because it will rain all day I am not going to the park, I will read a book in my room)

Thanks

Both your English and Japanese structures consist of two independent clauses. In English, you should be using a period or semicolon, and in Japanese, you could use the negative ~te form to link the clauses, or simply keep them as separate sentences.

As a hint, I would recommend putting your reasoning first, then what you won't do, then what you will do
in one sentence: because of OO, I won't OO, I'll do OO.
in two sentences: because of OO, I won't OO. I'll do OO.

Also, look into the differences between the 窶堙 and 窶堙 particles.

Alright. I'll try it this way, Please forgive me as I have a lot of trouble with this.

私は公園に行きなくて一日中雨が降ってので私の部屋で本をよんでいます(Also I'm not sure if that's the negative te version of 行く)

Also Thank you, I am still in the learning process so there's a lot I don't know.

The ability to separate your thoughts out into two or three sentences is just as important a skill as the ability to forcibly jam everything together into a single sentence, and is of more immediate practical benefit to beginners.

What you're trying to do would typically go in the following phrase order:

1. What you planned to do
2. Why you can't do that
3. What you will do instead

The ability to separate your thoughts out into two or three sentences is just as important a skill as the ability to forcibly jam everything together into a single sentence, and is of more immediate practical benefit to beginners.

What you're trying to do would typically go in the following phrase order:

1. What you planned to do
2. Why you can't do that
3. What you will do instead

I do apologize. I am unsure I understand, Isn't this what I have been doing. The first part is me being unable to go to the park. The second part being because it will rain all day, so that's why I cannot. And the third part is that instead, I will read a book in my room.

I agree with Mike, if you're having trouble with these structures, first try to break them down into simple, separate sentences, then when you're comfortable, you can start combining clauses into more complex sentences.

Conjugation seems to be giving you some trouble here. Take a step back and build simple sentences, and provide English translations for what you think you're saying. Also, your first attempt was more grammatically correct, 振ってので is not a valid structure.

I agree with Mike, if you're having trouble with these structures, first try to break them down into simple, separate sentences, then when you're comfortable, you can start combining clauses into more complex sentences.

Conjugation seems to be giving you some trouble here. Take a step back and build simple sentences, and provide English translations for what you think you're saying. Also, your first attempt was more grammatically correct, 振ってので is not a valid structure.

Hmm, All right. I thought a bit. I also now feel really stupid as I just can't wrap my head around it

私は公園に行かないで雨がふっているので私は部屋で本をよみます
Does this work?

Take a step back.

You have three clauses. Break them into three separate sentences first. Provide translations for what you think they mean.

Of course it seems hard. It will keep on seeming hard as you keep on learning. Then a few months later you'll look back at this and be amazed it ever gave you trouble.

You're not stupid; this is normal.

公園に行きたいが一日中雨が降っているので私は部屋で本を読みます

Honestly I thank you all for your help but it seems I'm just not getting it.
公園に行きたいんですが一日中雨が降っているので部屋で本を読みます。
It's better to use the polite form also for 行きたい.

You can also say 一日中雨が降りそうなので、公園には行かないで部屋で本を読みます。

Last edited:
Hello everyone, How does one translate this sentence into Japanese?
)I think it seems that because it's snowing all day it'll be difficult going to the coffee shop.)

Here is my attempt at translating it.

一日中雪が降りそうなので喫茶店に行くことが難しいだろうと思います

Thank you.

Yes, that's correct. 一日中雪が降りそうなので、喫茶店に行くのは難しいだろうと思います is another option.

Back
Top Bottom