What's new

Wonderful development of car productions in China

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
These days and everyday, I see a lot of newer and more luxurious cars with different names in the streets that have been written on them, " made in China".
One day, I even saw a picture of a car that I supposed, it was the same famous and expensive Italian car, Bugatti, but after I read its explanation, I realized it was a similar car to Bugatti that had been made by Chinese, but with a much lower price! These are some of remarkable Chinese car brands ( with beautiful shapes and low prices) that have been appeared in the world one after another, these days :
Cherry - Zotie Auto - Emgrand - Great Wall - JAC motors - MG- Lifan- Foton - Dafei - Faw - Brilliance - ZXAuto

And these are two sample of those cars that seems very interesting and luxurious which the remarkable thing about them is their low prices :

2extpxl.jpg

16j288m.jpg

I read this short article today:

Production of cars in China from 2006 to 2016 (in 1,000 units)
This statistic shows the accumulated annual production of passenger cars and commercial vehicles in China from 2006 to February 2016. In 2010, approximately 14 million passenger cars and 4.4 million commercial vehicles had been produced in China.

xmvi9e.jpg

What is your viewpoints herein?

My viewpoint is there are now too many cars in Russia thanks to Chinese manufacturers flooding the market. This, combined with lack of any regulations regarding automobile ownership results in sidewalks, lawns, crosswalks and courtyards becoming improvised parking lots. Traffic jams are also increasing in scale at an alarming rate. And instead of enforcing some prerequisites for owning a car (like those in Japan for instance) all officials can think about is chopping down trees in order to broaden roads. The result is deplorable: increased emissions (Chinese cars are not too environment-friendly just like Russian cars are) reduced photosynthesis, more traffic accidents.

As an advocate of cycling, i only approve of using cars for commercial purposes: hauling goods, transporting commuters, deliveries, taxi service. But as a resident of Russia my only prospect is to dream on and witness towns and cities transforming to become more suitable for cars, less habitable for people.

increased production of cars has never been a positive development in my book. They have their utility but there are so many negative consequences to cars and car culture, I don't even know where to begin.

But it's a free market world and the car has been made into a sign of prosperity, so we individuals can look on as the world chokes on the exhaust.

I probably wouldn't trust a Chinese made car just because China has a reputation for producing very low quality goods.

I'm not concerned about the pollution from cars as compared with other sources. Personal transportation contributes a minimal amount to greenhouse gases as compared to things like beef farming and industrial pollution, and is, in my opinion, a red herring designed to shift blame from corporations to consumers in a way that corporations know the consumers will never change. This gives corporations a free ride and leaves consumers holding the bag of guilt.

I probably wouldn't trust a Chinese made car just because China has a reputation for producing very low quality goods.

But as far as I know, the Chinese companies are improving and meliorating their productions in recent years, and I think it is because, they have tasted the savor of the good sales and high profits! So their goods and as a result, their business situations is getting better day by day.
Besides, anyone who is not in a good financial situation or prefer to buy a cheap thing with a good quality, tend to the Chinese products.

But as far as I know, the Chinese companies are improving and meliorating their productions in recent years, and I think it is because, they have tasted the savor of the good sales and high profits! So their goods and as a result, their business situations is getting better day by day.
Besides, anyone who is not in a good financial situation or prefer to buy a cheap thing with a good quality, tend to the Chinese products.
I have not bought any Chinese products I considered good quality. They have all deteriorated quickly after I bought them.

Many Chinese made products are banned in other countries due to poor safety. There are videos of Chinese made electrical devices exploding and catching on fire.

I hope China changes but for now I would not trust the safety of a Chinese made car.

If you notice the pictures of the cars, you will find out, such interesting and lovely cars have not a low quality! The engineers who have created such beautiful and amazing appearance, have considered a good quality for them as well, haven't they?

If you notice the pictures of the cars, you will find out, such interesting and lovely cars have not a low quality! The engineers who have created such beautiful and amazing appearance, have considered a good quality for them as well, haven't they?
Of course they look beautiful when they are first made. How will they look in 1, 2, 5 years time? How many parts will break in that time? If they were high quality and could conform to safety standards at such a low price they would successfully sell them in U.S., Europe, etc.

I agree that some brands of Chinese cars have a lower price and standard but the majority of large Chinese companies manufacture the cars that have a high standard and are exported to Europe, Russia, Australia and other countries. Such as Chinese cars could pass from processes of Australia and Europe standard- tests that are very strict.

I have bought other things from China that looked nice at first but were low quality. My experience is that Chinese made products are low quality, and I would not trust my life to a car made in China.

You ask for our viewpoints and I gave you mine.

Thank you that you offered your viewpoints in this thread, I am glad that have conversation with you.
It is about four years that I began learning English via internet (talking people in the forums), while I didn't know this language before. At beginning, I had a lot of problems and shortcoming and English users didn't understand what I was saying because of my many errors, but I got better gradually and reached this point now. So I am a self-educated person in English and am journeying in the forums yet to develop and improve my English.

I agree with you that a part of Chinese products were junk already ( and probably a minority of them still are) but Chinese understood manufacturing such goods will defame them and will damage their industrial and international trade in a long time, so they began compensating and removing those defects and shortcomings.

When the flood of money began and came into China, the government and companies ( especially new companies) of China realized, quality and observing standard how much can be important. Therefore they used all their will and effort to apply a good and high standard for their products.
Those companies that could realize this important and main principle (usually at beginning large companies) were succeed to change their manners and pay attention enough for modifying and compensating the standard of their products and thus attract reliance and trust of clients and purchasers across the world.
Based on an international estimate, the quality of Chinese cars to reach the most famous western cars standard, till 2018. This is because of the huge profits and funds that supports the Chinese companies to pay to the quality of their manufactured cars.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your English education, you have done very well for yourself!

China will have to overcome a lot of skepticism and ill will due to past performance.

I hope they improve, but because I have been cheated on quality before by buying their goods, I will not believe they produce quality until I see big changes.

I wish you attain your wish and can buy the Chinese products with good quality and low price in the near future!
Buying cheap goods with good quality is what we all are seeking for :)

I wish you attain your wish and can buy the Chinese products with good quality and low price in the near future!
Buying cheap goods with good quality is what we all are seeking for :)
I do not mind paying higher prices if it means the workers are better paid and more kindly treated. It's important to remember that the people making the products are our friends and neighbors.

It is a good morality that you don't feel any jealousy to your nearest neighbor and this is just what I did mean :)

Back
Top Bottom