What's new

Where is this ramen shop?

Heijoshin

Registered
2 May 2014
Trying to remember where this fantastic ramen shop was. Can you help?

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel just off Higashi Ginza. They recommended this "very old and famous" ramen shop, within walking distance. This was nine years ago. I easily followed their directions, but now I don't recall if I crossed Higashi Ginza, or turned left. I tried to find it three years ago, but couldn't in the 30 minutes I had available. Either way, it wasn't far. Maybe a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Clues:

Shop was in the basement. It would have been a few paces off a northeast corner.
Lunchtime had a line on the sidewalk. Go through the doorway, turn right, down half a flight, turn left a few more steps down.
Small. Had an open kitchen behind an eating bar, for maybe 6-8 people, auto-beer dispensers, and a skinny dining area with perhaps a dozen (?) tables.
My pork ramen came with a yin-yang design on top. Two different broths made up the design. I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Utterly delicious.

*sigh*

Returning in September and want my wife to experience it.

Okay, that was noble. Fact is, I want to experience it again.

Thanks for any help.
R

Silly question, but have you tried Google Street View?

Well, I can't remember where it is, what corner, or the name. Could be any of a dozen or more intersections, and street view doesn't work well with basement shops.

Or am I missing something.

Heijoshin,

Even if it is a basement restaurant, it should have some kind of sign at street level. Give Google Street View a try.

Heijoshin,

Even if it is a basement restaurant, it should have some kind of sign at street level. Give Google Street View a try.

Thanks, Buntaro. I have a few talents at which I excel. Technology is not one of them :) But I'll give it a shot.

I think the problem will be the signage was in Japanese, and I don't read it.

Hopefully it will have this ラーメン and my eyes will pick it up.

Nope. I tried the Google maps, but couldn't find anything. So if anyone happens to recognize the description, please let me know.

Thanks!

I plugged in "Ramen shops" near Marriot Courtyard Higashi Ginza, and it spit back a few hits.
"Homemade Noodles Itō Ginza" is one in the basement floor of a building nearby.

Google Maps

Seriously?

I have Googled the same words and similar, for YEARS, and have gotten different results! Maybe the location of the searcher affects results...

Anywho, that is the place!

Thanks, Majestic! I owe you a bowl of ramen.

Back
Top Bottom