What's new

Where can I find Korean Gopdol or stone bowls?

BigBossIchi

Asahi Drinker
3 Feb 2004
Is there anywhere online or if you are in the Toronto Canada area that might sell these wonderful stone bowls mainly used for bibimbap..I would like to add these to my own kitchen and cooking at home. I have been to many Japanese/Korean resturants that use these bowls. :)

I had accompanied a Korean friend to buy tableware at a Korean pottery store on Yonge Street, between Steeles and Clark (in the Thornhill area). However, I can't recall if they have the thick stick/stirrer that comes with the stone bowl. And I bought all my bowls from the Japanese owned Utsuwa-No-Yakata (there are three stores in Toronto at least), which carries a variety of bowls with sticker "Made in Japan" on each of them but I always think they are made in China.

Anyway, there is a Utsuwa-No-Yakata in Pacific Mall (bet Steeles and Kennedy). Another one is in a mall close to Bathurst and Steeles, right next to the T & T Supermarket. And there is one in Commerce Gate, Richmond Hill. You can probably look them up in Yellow Page or their website, call them and ask them if they have the stuff you want or for driving directions.

Back
Top Bottom