What's new

When Hatoyama Cabinet collapse?

IF Ozawa is indicted, Hatoyama Cabinet must collapse without any doubt.

The time is approaching, I think, because

Ozawa behind Hatoyama

Does anyone doubt if Ozawa resigned, the charges would disappear just like they did last spring ??
This is not a exactly battle between honest prosecutors and a corrupt political leader. :eek: Ozawa is trying to reform Japan from a technocracy to a democracy. He is the only person in Japan with enough power and the will to crush the country's corrupt bureaucracy.

The bureaucracy knows that and they are trying to destroy him before he destroys them.
If the prosecutors had anything on him, they would have arrested him long ago.

Hell hath no fury like a Japanese civil servant threatened by political change. :D

The prosecutor's office is (like the MOF), dominated by Tokyo University Law grads, right?

IF Ozawa is indicted, Hatoyama Cabinet must collapse without any doubt.
The time is approaching, I think, because

Ozawa behind Hatoyama
The time is approaching Japan won't have any bankers or accountants left if anyone who filed a misleading financial report is prosecuted with the same vigor as Ishikawa Tomohiro, Okubo Toshinori and Ikeda Mitsutomo.

All that surprises me is that the 'special' prosecutors didn't extend their fishing expedition to make up physical evidence against Ozawa of these construction firms actually handing bags of cash to his people. :D

He cannot escape from the charges as far as his crime is proved. No exception, I think.
That's very convenient words, but violates the constitutional principle of separation of powers. When DPJ took power, anything, charged from the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office (Tokyo Chiken), against ex-opposition party become conspiracy ????
Under the Law, everybody is equal in Japan.
20090204_382785-1.jpg
Yeah, well. It isn't rocket science. CHIKEN acquired absolute independence of prosecutorial power from the Justice Department, hence cabinet, under an LDP system of bureaucratic rule and Ozawa wrote the book on how to reform Japanese politics. At this point CHIKEN is a bigger threat than any political opposition and the media is their public relations department.

The DPJ needs to enact a law so that the cabinet can appoint prosecutors with a special department to oversee checks and balances on the use of illegal funds in particular. They should also disclose information regarding secret funds transferred from MOFA to the cabinet during LDP era and see where that goes...:eek:

At the end of the day, it is not an Ozawa problem. He is not leader of the party. Firing him is only going to set loose a bloodbath and lose their best campaigner in the process. The prime minister is the one who needs to start showing some ability to lead, or step down.

What DPJ member wants to be responsible for leading the party to near certain defeat this summer, if not Hatoyama ? OTOH, things don't look so hot for the ruling party right now but who they gonna lose to ??? :D

They should have delayed it a year...When the history of this government is written, the central question that will have to be answered is why it made Futenma the top priority of its government. :p

Last edited:
TOKYO (Nikkei)--Prime Minister Hatoyama announced his resignation at an emergency meeting of the Democratic Party of Japan Wednesday morning. He also said that DPJ Secretary-General Ichiro Ozawa will step down as well.

It took a bit longer than expected, but both of them step down at the end of the day. Either way Good for the country.

It took a bit longer than expected, but both of them step down at the end of the day. Either way Good for the country.
One incompetent, gutless PM after another with another surely waiting in the wings for his 15 minutes. Japan is hopeless. :D

One incompetent, gutless PM after another with another surely waiting in the wings for his 15 minutes. Japan is hopeless. :D

Japan needs a ruthless and decisive leader right now to chop some enemie's head off and break this political paralysis caused by the dysfunctional political system.

I say bring back Oda Nobunaga! :samurai:

He/the DPJ halted the "privatization" of Japan Post.

It has passed the lower house of diet and I hope it passes in the upper house as well.

Kamei is one AWESOME MOFO.

It has passed the lower house of diet and I hope it passes in the upper house as well.

I'd be very surprised with a new and very opposed PM they even have time or support to consider it this session.

Japan needs a ruthless and decisive leader right now to chop some enemie's head off and break this political paralysis caused by the dysfunctional political system.

I say bring back Oda Nobunaga! :samurai:
They need a directly elected president. Presuming the people care more about who can do what for the nation than the more times you've tried and failed before the better - just stand in line to wait your turn in the Old Boy's seniority system.

What's it going to take to make the Japanese people really demand change -- is the key question. And the hardest to answer.

Last edited:

While I can understand Kamei's motivation to protect Japan's wealth, he was trying to do so in a very direct, unsophisticated way. It seemed to me like he didn't understand economics & finance. Plus, he threw a big monkeywrench in the redevelopment of Marunouchi by insisting the old post office remain as it was (it's not even architecturally noteworthy.) I think he's a throwback from yesteryear and I'm glad to see him go.

Kamei should merge Kokumin Shinto with Ozawa's faction to split off Minshuto and form their own party. Call it the Rural Revival (aka Pork Barrel) Party. It would focus to their hearts content on courting fading interest groups and lowering the sales tax while supporting infrastructure projects in rural areas to win votes.

In opposition to Tachiagare, or the "Sunrise Party." :p

Back
Top Bottom