What's new

What are these yummy snacks?

ginlane

後輩
27 Mar 2016
Hi there,
I'm vegetarian but bought these snacks in a foil bag at Family Mart.
I really like them but have a sneaking suspicion they're not vegetarian!
could someone please tell me what's in them
(see attachment)

Kind regards Prem

Attachments

• Family Mart collection - snack.jpg
    Family Mart collection - snack.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 204
Post a photo of the other side of the package so we can see the list of ingredients.

Sure thing, here you are :)

Attachments

• Pic492.jpg
    Pic492.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Pic493.jpg
    Pic493.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 142
Contains chicken, pork, and fish (or stuff made with them, anyway).

If you see 肉 in the ingredients, or 魚, you're probably out of luck.

With this one you're out of luck in multiple ways.

Really, though, fish is in damned near everything here. I think you'll have a hard time eating at restaurants and staying vegetarian unless you only go to restaurants like Indian restaurants where there's a cultural understanding of a significant vegetarian population.

well, I've been here three weeks so far and I've been sticking to rice mixed with furikake, luckily I'm living with a friend so I'm not eating out really, just once or twice so far, but ridiculously difficult to figure out what anything was! :)

As others have mentioned, being a vegetaring, or worse yet, vegan in Japan is no easy task, particularly outside Tokyo.

In larger cities, look for macrobiotic restaurants. They are not always exclusively vegan/vegetarian, but tend to have a good idea of the concept and a serve a wide range of vegetarian foods.

As others have mentioned, Indian and Sri Lankan restaurants are always a safe bet, and you can find them all over Japan.

You probably know it already, but a good palce to look up vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Japan, and elsewhere, is Vegetarian Restaurants Japan - Healthy Food Stores by HappyCow

Back
Top Bottom