What's new

watching movies in japan

ehmin17

後輩
11 Mar 2004
my friends and i were thinking of going to watch kill bill vol. 2 ... what theaters do you guys recommend? Also, are there places where you can reserve ahead of time? i heard that there were discount ticket stores where you could purchase movie and sports tickets at a cheaper price in advance ... thanks

The only help I can give you...

Most theaters have a discount ticket day on the first of the month, and some have discounts on early/late shows, but it depends on the place.

Check out Kansai Time Out online, they've got listings.

There was information on the Lonely Planet Kyoto guidebook, published on 2001, that there would be a "movie tuesday" on every first tuesday of the month, when the tickets would be ( a lot?) cheaper.
Is this still true? I'd like to know, since it would be quite fun and interesting to go see some movies.. :)

on a similar note ...

how can you buy tickets for sports games? other than buying them at the stadium ...

Most theaters have a "lady's day" where women pay "only" 1000 yens. Usually it's on wednesdays.

Never heard of the Tuesday thing, then again, I haven't been to the movies that often here...

All I can add is that Kill Bill Vol. 2 is extremely good, but that you might want to wait on seeing it. The director (I know his name but can't spell it) is most likely going to cut the two parts back together for Japanese audiences, and while it's obviously going to be extremely long, after seeing the parts seperately I think it'll probably be worth it.

KILL BILL together would be great!~ Though I dont know how I would watch the whole thing in Japanese! :)

I Used To Love Going To The Movies In Fuk !!

They had a giant billboard in the middle of down town that was divided into what was playing, & what was coming soon. I went with friends to see TORA,TORA,TORA
after watching them blast Pearl Harbor, there was a scene
where they shoot down a Japanese plane; I got so excited
I stood up and cheered "right on ". Everyone looked at me like, this guys cheering for the wrong side!

Frank

😊

Back
Top Bottom