What's new

Want to translate romaji?

mizerable_d said:
hanzi and kanji are the same? O_O... pinying and roaji have same functions, but are different. pinyin has the little symbols at the top of vowels...

and yes translation sites do suck...
The Japanese use kanji
漢字 = 漢 : kan which means sino-;China / 字= ji which means character,letter,word
It means Chinese character thus :)

汉字 = 汉: yi4 han4 which means Chinese people;Chinese language / 字 : zi which means character,letter

so it's just the same, except Chinese use nothing BUT hanzi, and the Japanese which call it Kanji use only a few thousand of them.So they are pretty much the same yes, that's why a lot of kanji have the same meaning in Chinese as in Japanese :)

pinyin has the little symbols at the top of vowels...
That's because there are more Chinese pronunciations for the same word :) the usage is the same as the Japanese their romaji

RockLee said:
The Japanese use kanji
ナ?ツソナスナ。 = ナ?ツソ : kan which means sino-;China / ナスナ。= ji which means character,letter,word
It means Chinese character thus :)

汉ナスナ。 = 汉: yi4 han4 which means Chinese people;Chinese language / ナスナ。 : zi which means character,letter

so it's just the same, except Chinese use nothing BUT hanzi, and the Japanese which call it Kanji use only a few thousand of them.So they are pretty much the same yes, that's why a lot of kanji have the same meaning in Chinese as in Japanese :)

That's because there are more Chinese pronounciations for the same word :) the usage is the same as the Japanese their romaji
O_O so they did steal our characters... XD
i thought there was only one name for the japanese writing... yay i learned ^^ thanks

RockLee said:
Erm, you have never been to Japan right? right, so your statement is pretty wrong.More and more things nowadays are written in romaji, at least the names of places are !! they are written in kanji + romaji ;-)

japanese_road_sign_4460-1.jpg

japanese_road_sign_4477-1.jpg
No I have not. I have always been told though that romaji is rarely used so I should try not to use it too often. :?

I suppose times are changing and I can't keep up... 😌

I think this is a better site; it doesn't convert anything to romaji but you can enter romaji, english, hiragana/katakana or kanji and it'll come up with whatever it is you're looking for with the kanji + hiragana along with the English meaning. As long as you can read hiragana it's extremely helpful. It helped me learn about... 50 kanji ^^

lol
the whole kanji being the same as chinese is what i was meaning by the headstart thing 😌
they're said differently but hold the same meaning, right?
that' why i sometimes ask my friend what certain things mean, because i know what they say... and what that word means, but i don't know what the kanji means... and yeah stuff like that (no that i can read the knaji, i get it from my dictionary 😌)

um um um..... yea... hte Japanese took Kanji umm.... waaaaaaay back... it was seen as... the 'superior' way of writing right?
back when they all wrte poerty to eachother and ness... i think, i can't quite remeber, but i do remeber reading that to write in Chinese showed extreem intelect... or something like that... witch i think is where it became incorparated into the laguage, but i'm not intierly sure...

thanks for the site Illaparatzo-sama ^.^

Back
Top Bottom