What's new

Travelling in September?

21 Jul 2011
How is the weather and travel in Japan in September? Due to school schedules I might only be able to go in September. But I live in rainy and cloudy Portland and hate clouds and rain.... :sorry:
Will it be cloudy and rainy in Sept in Japan? Is it at least cheaper to travel at that time in Japan? Any feedback would be great!
Thanks!

It kind of depends where you are planning on going. It will still be pretty hot in September (something I don't like in Japan).

There are some national holidays in the end of September so hotels might cost a bit more during those days (weekends).

If you could come in October, the weather would be a lot nicer (but prices would be a bit more expensive I guess).

Where are you planning on going to?

I'll second what Davey said about the weather depending on where you go (based on my very limited experience).

I went to Japan a couple years ago in September. My first two stops were Kamakura and Ise, which are both on the coast, and both were in the direct path of a couple typhoons. We might be having a rainy summer here in the Pacific Northwest, but at least it's not 90 degrees (F) and 90% humidity. I enjoyed seeing the towns, but not the weather.

Inland was a lot better. Kyoto was still pretty warm, but not nearly as bad as the coast. Takayama (kind of up in the mountains) was perfect.

I'll use this topic too. Not sure.how big are the differences from Tokyo/Kyoto/Amanohashidate/Takamatsu. I'll be going for the last 2 weeks of september. Not sure how much rain/how.hot.I.should prepare for. What about typhoons on Kyushu? Any tips?

Darkshadowgirl,
Where exactly "in Japan" do you plan to go? The climate differs a lot from north to south. September in Hokkaido is pretty darned nice.

Back
Top Bottom