What's new

Translation

Soizic

後輩
11 Mar 2004
Hi
I would like to know if
kawa o nukekaeru
is a proper translation of a snake's change of skin.
I can't find it anywhere and I need to know how to explain it during my oral tomorow. :?
Thanks

Maybe 蛇の抜け殻 (Hebi no nukegara)? Nukegawa alone means changing of skin so you don't need kawa.

It sounds a little funny since it isn't something a snake does consciously, but rather something that simply happens. Nukegara ni naru, perhaps?

well actually snakes do it consciously since they have to walk out of it. I mean their skin doesn't just fall down like the skin of lizard does.
But anyway my teacher doesn't know that much about snakes and will probably think you're right.
Thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think suru is very correct since it isn't something decided on and executed by the snake.

>snake's change of skin
脱皮(だっぴ - dappi)

>to change skin
脱皮する(だっぴする - dappi-suru)

Thanks Kara! And sorry about my misleading advice earlier....is there any meaning to nukegara ni naru (?)....I have seen it, but obviously took the wrong sense from it.

Konnichiwa Elizabeth-san!

is there any meaning to nukegara ni naru (?)....I have seen it, but obviously took the wrong sense from it.

"Hebi ga Dappi suru", the subject word is the Hebi/snake in this case.
"Hebi no Kawa ha Nukegara ni naru", the subject word is the Hebi no Kawa/snake's skin in this case.

But usually "Nukegara ni naru" means "get depressed" or "become a mere shadow of one's true self". :p

NANGI

Back
Top Bottom