What's new

Translation please

7 May 2005
kyoo kara 2 ji kan da. atarashi kurasu to tannin no sensei no habbyo ga atta. watashi wa 2 ji 7 kumide, tannin wa kyonen to nan ji yamamoto senseida. shinyuu no kyoushi wa 1 kumi dakarabetsubetsu ni tatteshimatte. zannen. tonarino kurasu ni totemosutekidekakkoii otokonoko gairu. namaewa madawa karanai. ashita da rekanikiitemiyou. osokunatteshimatta kara

sorry if its a bit hard to read, im just beginning at japanese, and that was in heaps of kanji and i tried to translate it, thanx if anyone can help

今日から(2年生)だ。新しいクラスの担任の先生の発表があった。私は2年7組で、担任は去年と同じ山本先生だ。親しい先生は1組だから別々になってしまって、残念。隣のクラスにとても素敵でカッコ良い男の子がいる。名前はまだ分からない。明日誰かに聞いてみよう。遅くなってしまったから。

You did a nice job, I think. Following is minor corrections:
1. kyoo kara 2 ji kan da.
You perhaps try to say you are in the 2nd grade from today, right?
2. habbyo
happyo, maybe typo
3 watashi wa 2 ji 7 kumide
2ji ->2nen
4. kyonen to nan ji
kyonen to onaji, maybe typo
5. shinyuu no kyoushi
Kyoushi is a correct word, but it sounds a bit too formal if your relation is close with him/her

but umm what does that all mean???, because i don't know lol, i just changed it from kanji to romaji, because i don't know how to write kanji on here

From today on, I'm a second grader. (probably at junior high school or high school.) New homeroom teachers were announced. I'm in class C and the homeroom teacher, Mr./Ms. Yamamoto is the same as last year. My friend, _____(i'm thinking you mistook a name for kyoushi) is in class 1, so we got separated. It's a shame./That sucks. There's a really cool guy in the next class over. I don't know his name yet, but I'll ask somebody tomorrow. It got too late./I was too late. (can't really tell from the context; need more info)

I'm pretty sure the 遅くなってしまったから part is saying, "that's all for now, since it's gotten late." This seems to be an entry in a blog or some other sort of diary to me.

Back
Top Bottom