What's new

Translation for a Short Story

Chibeli

後輩
1 Jan 2006
Hi, I'm writing a short story, at the end of which I need to have this sentence translated into Japanese.

"Everybody, would you please turn off any technology?"

I tried to translate it based on my (very, very limited) knowledge of the language, but got kinda stuck. I figured it would be something like, "Mina-sama, subete no tekunoroji o keshite kudasai?" Is that right, or am I way off? :p

Maybe okirikudasai (please cut off, like they say on airline flights :p ) is more general....kesu is like "switch off or turn out" depending on exactly what you mean by 'technology.' :?

If you want to keep that interrogation point you should change kudasai to "kudasaimasenka" or "itadakemasenka".

Yes, it's for an airplane flight. So would it therefore be "Mina-sama, subete no tekunoroji o kirikudasaimasenka?" Whew, what a mouthful. >.>

Chibeli said:
Yes, it's for an airplane flight. So would it therefore be "Mina-sama, subete no tekunoroji o kirikudasaimasenka?" Whew, what a mouthful. >.>
Combining this translation with the actual wording
I think simply "subete no dengen (power source or power supply) wo okirikudasai" is good. And you should use passangers (okyakusama) not minasama.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom