What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

Hi Magaji. You would need to clarify at your school at which stage your application process is. The content of the emails is simply congratulations, etc., I had to clarify from my school what it meant each time. So for me it was three emails. First congratulations email came from my graduate school, turns out it is just nomination by the graduate school within university (not actually nominating to MEXT). After that one you may have had an interview. Second congratulating email was about nominating from the university level (higher level from your graduate school). And then there was a third congratulations email, which meant confirmation from MEXT. So, just ask your school directly, the wording in those emails can be ambiguous. Good luck!
Interesting.
The email from my university was rather clear, I was selected by the university and I will be recommended to MEXT after filling the pledge form and MEXT updated form.
The final confirmation from MEXT traditionally comes in May, June or July depending on the program. That's why i wondered when you got your confirmation email this March, perhaps MEXT is changing it's timeline.

I just receive the pledge but don't receive the updated MEXT form. Is it okay to send the pledge now?
Hey @calamari, @moli or @komoki555

Would you be able to send me the pledge document from admissions? My email marked is as containing malware for some reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-071724.png
    Screenshot_20210326-071724.png
    237 KB · Views: 153
Dear all TiTech friends
I have sent email to student exchange division and my prof. to ask about the pledge. They both informed me that after we sent the confirmation email, we just wait for the result announcement.

For different universities might have different procedures. So don't be panic if you didn't get mext pledge or have to update mext application forms.

This is Titech thread. Hope you properly use the thread suitably. To put others university procedures might lead to confusion.

Hey all,

I just received an email from the International Student Exchange Division informing me of the official scholarship recommendation from titech. I had to submit another pledge (due april 5th) and it sounds like the official MEXT selection is in July this year.

Also yes like komoki said if we can keep this forum on the subject of TiTech that would be best. There's a separate thread for mext students of all schools (2021 research/graduate students).

Hey all,

I just received an email from the International Student Exchange Division informing me of the official scholarship recommendation from titech. I had to submit another pledge (due april 5th) and it sounds like the official MEXT selection is in July this year.

Also yes like komoki said if we can keep this forum on the subject of TiTech that would be best. There's a separate thread for mext students of all schools (2021 research/graduate students).
Congrats! 👏
I'm still waiting for email from Student exchange division. Hope we all will hear good news!

@rockdude Does the pledge that you got today from students exchange division look like the one @calamari sent?

I just got an email from them and the pledge look like a previous one lol
Yes it does lol. Congrats to you as well!

@calamari wait until they send you the official email about the MEXT result, but yes it will be the exact same pledge I think, I can't really see a difference.

I haven't gotten any info either, no worries guys. I believe according to the schedule we won't get that stuff until (end of?) July.

Any word from you guys? Sounds like TiTech is one of the later ones to announce the results this year.

Any updates from you guys? Seems like Tokyo Tech is one of the last schools to get the official results!

Spoke too soon, I just got the results! I got the scholarship!!! Best of luck to the rest of you. Please let me know that you all got positive results!

Spoke too soon, I just got the results! I got the scholarship!!! Best of luck to the rest of you. Please let me know that you all got positive results!
I haven't received it... Who was the sender? Your PI or from Admission office?

Congratulations!!!! 👏🏻

me either - have not received anything yet 😓
On occasion they have released the results over a few days dependant on department and such.

Best of luck to you guys 🤞🤞🤞

*Edit I just heard back and one more person just got their paperwork. They are staggering the announcements so don't worry if you don't hear anything right away.

Back
Top Bottom