What's new

There Cherry Blossoms are Starting to Bloom.....

ragedaddy

後輩
17 Feb 2003
Yes that`s right people, the weather is starting to warm up, the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom, so you know what that means......right? Yep that`s right it`s time for 窶堋ィ窶ーテ版陳ゥ(hanami)(Cherry Blossom Viewing), sitting under the cherry blossom trees, eating some good food, drinking some alcohol, and partying up. However, these blossoms will probably be gone in about a month, so I guess the time is limited. Anyways, have a blast........

I bet 5.00 that i'll never do that bs, not to sound anti-cultural or anything. I'm just too manic to sit still for more than five minutes.

Josh

Even hanami is no longer sacrosanct.

GSDF bases cancel public cherry blossom viewing

Four Ground Self-Defense Force (GSDF) garrisons have canceled the annual opening of part of their sites where cherry trees will soon blossom, due to fears of terrorism in connection with the Iraq war, a local GSDF branch said Wednesday.
The four are the Uji and Okubo garrisons in Kyoto Prefecture and Itami and Aonogahara garrisons in Hyogo Prefecture, according to the GSDF Middle Army headquarters in Itami, Hyogo Prefecture.

=> http://asia.news.yahoo.com/030326/kyodo/d7q0fvv00.html

thats just sad.

i'm dissappointed that i'll miss the cherry blossoms this year. i'll have to spend more time in japan later to experience it.

Originally posted by mike
thats just sad.

i'm dissappointed that i'll miss the cherry blossoms this year. i'll have to spend more time in japan later to experience it.

I'm sure you can see photos of it online (for this year) or go rent Bigbird / Sesame Street travels to Japan from your local video-store to experience it, I just don't see why people need to experience it first hand, something i'll never understand.

Maybe it's because some people can appreciate the finer things in life. A quiet stroll, reading a good book, lying in a hammock on the porch watching the day slip lazily away... good stuff. Try it some time, you might be surprised. 8-p

Attachments

• sakurakawa.jpg
    sakurakawa.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 262
Originally posted by Iron Chef
Maybe it's because some people can appreciate the finer things in life. A quiet stroll, reading a good book, lying in a hammock on the porch watching the day slip lazily away... good stuff. Try it some time, you might be surprised. 8-p

Hey, I'm down for those cherry blossoms, remember in Rising Sun with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes, there were some when all those naked chics had sushi on their bodies hahah, so count me in for the laying around and lazily slippin, i know whatcha secretly mean and your secret is safe with me buddy! hahahaha...

Josh

Actually, just chilling with a bunch of friends sitting under the cherry blossom trees is a really good time. It`s kinda of a more layed back scene, but the more people drink, the more wild and exciting it becomes. I guess it gives everyone a reason to go out and party, so you can`t beat that huh? Also, of course the cherry blossoms are a sight to see, so it`s good atmosphere, good people, good food, and good alcohol..... so how can you go wrong?

Originally posted by ragedaddy
Actually, just chilling with a bunch of friends sitting under the cherry blossom trees is a really good time. It`s kinda of a more layed back scene, but the more people drink, the more wild and exciting it becomes. I guess it gives everyone a reason to go out and party, so you can`t beat that huh? Also, of course the cherry blossoms are a sight to see, so it`s good atmosphere, good people, good food, and good alcohol..... so how can you go wrong?

If I asked any of my friends here to go sit under a bunch of cherry blossom trees and get really drunk with me I'd get kicked in the grill timberland style, I mean I have nothing against gay people but that sounds as fruity as the cherry and the blossom, but then again dosen't Japan have this huge gay population and transiz farting around the city? I wouldn't know, I've never been to cherry blossom viewing ooooooooo hahahhaa. I just don't understand the whole concept of sitting under trees drinking and how any way shape or form that could be considered fun and/or exciting, but that's how I take foreign culture, I don't, I'd rather sink my teeth into a american hamburger and some easy girls while in Japan.

Josh

Well, have you ever had a barbeque, or sat and watched the fireworks with your crew? That is basically the same concept as viewing the cherry blossoms. You are out with your friends, and it probably be nice weather, and you are just kicking it and having a good time. You could look at it as a house party in a different atmosphere. There are like tons of people out as well, so I am sure you could meet some new peeps. It may sound gay, but really it is a lot of fun.....

yah, when i went i didnt really see all that biggie about the sakura viewing. But since there are no friggin cherry blossoms at my house, its actually pretty nice to be able to view them.
If i grew up i J-land im pretty sure id have nostalgic memories.
tehe!

Originally posted by eimik
yah, when i went i didnt really see all that biggie about the sakura viewing. But since there are no friggin cherry blossoms at my house, its actually pretty nice to be able to view them.
If i grew up i J-land im pretty sure id have nostalgic memories.
tehe!

That's kinda like how I listen to Ben Folds Five on a regular basis and I'm a true city thug, none would assume me doing so but I do for reasons being the day after I lost my virginity when I was 15-16 I had driven back from this party to crash at my brothers apartment that was close to where the party had been, put on the CD player in his living room and it played Ben Folds Five so ever since then it reminds me of that time in my life, all the drugs and all that good stuff that I rarely do with exception to binge drinking which will follow me into any bar/nightclub at anytime, anywhere.

Natsukashiiiiii ~

Josh

totally unrelated, but the topic made me think of this awesome song by a band in my area

mp3s.com

"these blooms are in full"

check it out

Originally posted by ghettocities
That's kinda like how I listen to Ben Folds Five on a regular basis and I'm a true city thug, none would assume me doing so but I do for reasons being the day after I lost my virginity when I was 15-16 I had driven back from this party to crash at my brothers apartment that was close to where the party had been, put on the CD player in his living room and it played Ben Folds Five so ever since then it reminds me of that time in my life, all the drugs and all that good stuff that I rarely do with exception to binge drinking which will follow me into any bar/nightclub at anytime, anywhere.

Natsukashiiiiii ~

Josh

*smiles and nodds*

Originally posted by mike
totally unrelated, but the topic made me think of this awesome song by a band in my area

mp3s.com

"these blooms are in full"

check it out

Madlib feat. Dudley Perkins - Flowers.mp3,, is a really good jazzy triphop song about flowers blooming but i think it's in reference to something else, still great song.

Josh

The Cherry blossom is now open in my garden also
Spring is here .....

Attachments

• cherryikurilensis.jpg
    cherryikurilensis.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 230
It Was The Best Time To People Watch !!

In Fukuoka on my days off, I loved to sit by the trees and watch families come & take pictures. The children are so cute when they're dressed up fancy. The trees lined some of the long rivers that ran through town. They used to string colored lights along side the river which made it real festive at night. I have a cherry tree on my front lawn that reminds me of Japan every spring. I envy those who are there to be able to enjoy the view!

Frank

I Like The Artical Hach Posted About...

a person holding a spot under the trees for others to party at. I wonder if I could get a work-visa for
"Party Spot Holder-under the cherry trees" ? The size of an obese American like me flopped out on the ground, could save a place for 10 or 15 average size Japanese!!

Frank

:p :D 👍 :mad: 😊

The cherry blossoms at Himeji castle are very very close to opening. It'll definitely be within the next couple of days. I live next to the moat on the northern side, there are dozens of big cherry trees that run along it, I can't wait for them to open, its such a beautiful site. This is definitely my favorite time of the year, we are going to have a party in front of the castle this weekend ( along with about 10,000 other people with the same idea).

Back
Top Bottom