What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

The memory of George Floyd

Mansoor

Sempai
Reaction score
The people of America are unsatisfied and angry. They are regretful for the American man, George Floyd who was killed by Minneapolis city police faultlessly. The polices killed him with closed hands tragically. This not only made the people of America sad and angry but also affected the world totally.

After the American citizen, George Floyd was arrested based on a suspicion and his hands was tied with a handcuff from behind, the American police officer, Derek Chauvin put his knee on the back of George's neck on the ground and pressed. Whatever George shout, I can't breath, but the police paid no attention to his appeal and didn't stop pressing his knee on the neck of George until he was suffocated and died.

This Tragedy shook the United State and the world.

Bravo American community, free from skin color. This is not commotion but is the sign of your humanity to support justice.

you ignored your health against Covid-19 and also armed police, and joined each other to protest injustice and show your sympathy to your oppressed compatriot, George Floyd. This is the most admirable cooperation and condolence that I have seen from you up to now

Good luck 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
As a kind of side note to the unrest here in the US , I ran into something that surprised me this week. Here in Maine where I live there were a few small protests but nothing major or dangerous. I had seen several stories on the internet about thousands of people who never owned a gun before were running out to buy guns and ammo. I thought it would just be where the riots and looting were very bad. I'm a gun collector , have been for over 50 years. I went looking for two guns I want to add to my collection and after visiting 4 different large gun stores here in Maine found all of them had sold out of almost all their handguns and also many rifles. Ammo on the shelves was also gone in most of the popular types. Most people in Maine own guns for hunting (rifles) , but handguns were not a big seller. It all reminds me a bit of the hoarding of toilet paper , but has a more dangerous side. These new gun owners have little to none gun safety knowledge and also no real knowledge of when you can legally shoot someone. Also in Maine , you can now carry a gun concealed on your person with no license. Hopefully no one will be killed or injured by this panic buying.

mdchachi

Reaction score
These new gun owners have little to none gun safety knowledge and also no real knowledge of when you can legally shoot someone. Also in Maine , you can now carry a gun concealed on your person with no license.
Lovely. Well that's what the NRA & GOP wanted. The more guns and the fewer restrictions the better.

Regarding the unrest, I ran into this video today. It's long but quite engaging once you start watching you won't want to stop. It explains a lot of what we are seeing. According to this there are 5 types of law enforcement officers. I think this probably applies worldwide but at least in the U.S. we still have some freedom of speech & assembly and can talk and protest about it.

Top Bottom