What's new

The meeting.

Well I am back :(

SO sekia hills was awesome but the bus we had to take from the hotel in the one area was a 30 minute ride that wouldn't stop at Sekia Hills. :( It stopped about a mile past it. So we had to trek that distance. It was a lil embarrassing as people drove past were probably wondering what are we doing walking that distance. But it was great as I was able to talk more with her and talking we passed alot of the time. I felt bad she had to walk though for my own liking. But seeing the cars gave her a real idea of my hobby and she immediately found interest in it. Maybe she too one day will become a skillful drifter unlike myself. So we stop by the shop and I picked up a few things and we founf aset of lights that I wanted for my car but wasn't sure if they were the right ones. The price I thought was way too cheap as far as america goes for JDM car parts, america's prices are way inflated for some pieces. The lights here are about 120-140 but in Japan they were about 58 bucks. Crazy isn't it. Well back to the story she quickly sprang into action barely knowing anything about my car she got my question answered an I made my purchase. Afterwards we began the hike back and was able to talk much more. For a moment I started to think maybe my Japanese is that much better or she just understands the gist of what I am saying and smiles and nods. (God I hope my Japanese is getting better) While riding the bus back she quickly fell asleep on my shoulder and I thought this has to be the best day ever for since I arrived in Japan. O'course besides the day of our meeting.

The rest of my trip was pretty much the same. We got to do karaoke with a few of her friends and she even organized a dinner/birthday party for me and one of her friends. It was a festive night, drinks and the people were merry. Crap sounds like a episode of King arthur. But we were happy and I got to meet her sister. Her sister was very nice but even though she spoke good english since studying in SF for a year, she was a bit shy speaking to me. But later on after we all have had a few drinks she opened up quite well. Hell even asked me for some help with some english homework. Then she hit me with the question. "Are you going to marry my sister?" what! Where the hell does a question like that come from? "Hey nice to meet you marry her!" I explained that I do love her and maybe someday that will happen but we need to make sure that is what we both want and I don't plan to stay in Japan so she would need to move to america. I like Japan and all but it's probably more novelty than anything. Great night life and fun but for Business matters like having a job I think I have it best in the US unless I can transfer with my company. I guess this was a good answer as her sister nodded and smiled. Then replied "Well it's great to be in love but once it wears off then what have you. But I know she loves you b/c her english seems to be alot better than it ever has been." I agreed and thought, "Is her sister really Japanese?". But she spoke the complete truth which is why we will see what happens when it comes to marriage.

The day of reckoning finally came upon us. It was time for me to go home. She looked at me several times the night before almost as if trying to burn the image of my face into her head. I almost cried a few times b/c it made me feel we woul dnever see each other again. But I kept reminding her she will see me again in about 3 weeks. Then she smiled nodded and hugged me. At the airport my plane was delayed so I thought great more time together. But quickly that time expired and I almost missed my plane. The flight information on the board stayed at "Delayed" and never changed to "Proceed to lobby" like she had thought. So 3 minutes b4 the scheduled delayed departure time, she asked about the flight. The guy did some checking and basically said "You need to get your as son that plane now" So with out further a do I made my way to security. At that point it finally hit me and the water tried to turn on but for some reason nothing came out. I was quite sad but nothing. Something wrong with me I thought. I looked at her face and it was very hard to not want to cry but I didn't. And she did the same. But she told me later she got to work and couldn't work b/c she cried so much. Man I wonder what will happen in 3 weeks when she come to the states. Man I can't wait.
I missed this feeling.

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate all the help and suggestions on communicating with her I recieved from members here.
\('-')>

Last edited:
Damicci, thank you for sharing that!

I hope everything continues to go well for you! I remember when I used to have similar stories. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Fantastic bro!! Absolutely a great sensation, a heart-warming moment in every bit of it.

Oh, did that bring back some memories, and emotional tags. Yes, I really can feel what I think it must have been like for you as you two slowly were torn apart for that moment.

It seems as though you have your communication down fairly well, although the grey area that comes with the culture may need more time to get a feeling for. Her older sister's question, sounds pretty Japanese to me.

Please just always keep in mind that listening, slowly listening to all the things said and unsaid, is an art, and yet is so very, very important--for both of you, not only one. I hope that works well. Please make the effort to refrain from picturing how things will be--that is almost always subjective and beyond future reality--just take it as it comes. (but of course make sure of every step) I trust you here, I think you have that much under your belt.

I wish you all the best man, and one of these days, we are gonna have to actually meet, dude !! Here's for you and your love !! 👍 :)

Thanks for sharing in real-time the story of your visit Damicci. I very much enjoyed reading the updates. I admire your honesty in sharing your thoughts and feelings on what was actually going through your mind during this time.

I hope things go as well when she visits you and wish you the best of luck. Also, I'm looking forward to reading your updates on that visit. Thanks again

I was so tired many of the days that I couldn't write more often. I realized after a day of speaking nothing but japanese my brain would just tire out. Not sure if was the strenuous thinking from trying to form recognizable sentences or just from travel. Either way being away from her now I miss her more and more. I think this is good b/c at least i know our relationship will be strong with passion and attraction. As we we started as friends. I can't wait to see her and I will do a pt2 to this thread. Maybe I'll have her type up her experience.

It looks like you had a good time with your friend. I hope I have as good as a time in Japan like you did.

Back
Top Bottom