What's new

Tensho Font - Seal Script Font

Soto Sabisu

Registered
1 May 2022
Does anyone know if a Tensho or Seal script True Font File is available to download anywhere?
I see the question has been asked many years ago, but hopefully it is now available somewhere.
Paul

There seem to be a few TTF sets available (for stamp shops mainly) but not for free:

The seal scripts above are Shirafune (白舟), not Tensho (篆書).

Is this your blog? :)

Some more (at affordable rates):

Perhaps @nice gaijin has more advice.

There seem to be a few TTF sets available (for stamp shops mainly) but not for free:

The seal scripts above are Shirafune (白舟), not Tensho (篆書).

Is this your blog? :)

Hi Thank you for your response, Yes this is my little blog :) I have only been asked a couple of times for a Tensho style font so I can't purchase a commercial file. I did like the Font Garage page where you can buy individual kana for 110 Yen each. However I can not register to purchase as the form does not accommodate a non Japanese address. I have also had issues from other sites that a purchase needs to be made from a Japan based bank. I was hoping to find a suitable font from a World wide font supplier, I have sent Font Garage a E Mail so I may have positive news. Thank you again for your assistance, greatly appreciated :)

Soto,

If you need that font badly enough, you may want to consider self-creating your own similar font. Creating a font is easier than you may think.

The People at Font Garage were very helpful, I sent the registration details to them and they registered me and E Mailed me back with Login and Password etc. I only needed a few kanji to complete my project so purchased them at 110 Yen each. The Check out and payment was easy to do and the files immediately available to download from purchase history. I was importing into a graphics package so was able to convert from the .eps file. If you are not sure like me if it will work for you just purchase 1 or 2 kanji to start. I will definitely be using them again. Attached is the certificate template I created. Paul :)

Attachments

• Genbukai Rev 2 - 02 May 22.jpg
    Genbukai Rev 2 - 02 May 22.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom