What's new

Tasukete kudasai! Nihongo emergency

rajs20

Hokage
23 Oct 2004
Hi,

I signed up to take a Japanese proficiency test so I could skip the 1st year of Japanese in my college and take intermediate classes.

Problem is, I only know about up to JLPT 4, so I'm only 50% of the way there and the test is in 3 weeks or so...

So, I'm gonna spend some quality time with Genki, volume II... Now the tough thing is, I don't really have any way to measure how good I am. I mean, this test is not going to just test whether I know the stuff but whether I can speak, listen, read, and write with a fair amount of ease... So, does anyone know where I could get something like, a sample final exam from a typical first year Japanese college course? I'm thinking about getting JLPT 3 materials too, do you think that would be useful, or is the focus of the JLPT different from the focus of what's covered in college courses?

Thank you,
Raj

This place has sample multiple choice tests for the JLPT levels 4 through 2

That's the best I've seen except for buying the books for the JLPT.

The distance between JLPT4 and Japanese college exams directed at native speakers is typically expressed in light-years.

I've never taken one myself, but would be surprised to hear there was such thing as a typical Japanese language college class....depending I suppose mostly on the amount, if any, kana you're expected to know going in. That tends to vary quite a lot.

Best try talking to the profs/obtaining a syllabus for the places that may suit your individual case. 😌

'Scuse my earlier comments. I misinterpreted "typical first year Japanese college course" to mean "typical first year college course in a Japanese college". The dangers of skimming .

Alright thanks again guys... I'm gonna be dropping by the class next week to meet the professor and see what textbook they're using and stuff so then I can get a better idea of what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom