What's new

(Stupid/silly) visa question

Catwomisen

後輩
28 Feb 2007
Ok,first of all, I kinda know that this question might be a bit stupid or silly and for that I ask for your forgiveness 🙇‍♂️

But does anyone here know how high the chances are of receiving the actual student visa when you have received the certificate of eligibility? Are you close to guaranteed a visa or is there a lower chance like 50/50 or so?

Background:
The reason I'm asking is because me and my better half have our certificates granted, but as things look we will be quite late with applying for the actual visa (Which is because CSN, the Swedish national board of student aid, won't give us any money until the 19th Mars and we're leaving the 30th...) We might (if everything goes well) receive our visas the 28th or 29th which means that we won't exacly have time to clear out and clean our apartment AFTER we receive it.. :unsure:

Either case, I'm eternally grateful for any answers you guys might have!! 🙂 Even if they might be obvious or silly!

It has always been my experience that if you receive your certificate, it's pretty much a done deal. Of course I have never had any extraordinary circumstances, either.

As far as work visas go, I agree with Guinea Pig. Can't imagine how it would be different with a student visa. The COE is in your hands now? That means you are E (eligible), and it should only be a matter of rubber stamping things. I assume you meet the requirements (school sponsor lined up, money to support yourself, etc.).

Thanks guys 👍
That made me feel alot more comfortable... 🙏

I guess when you're giving exacly everything you've got on something like this, it's easy to work yourself up and feel that something's gonna go wrong. (almost did yesterday, I didn't have money for the flight ticket, so I had to borrow from angry daddy, but that's another story...) Now, here's to hoping that the embassy decide on the visa in time... :(

(hehe... yes, I love the little smileys on this forum!)

Hi,

I'm going there too (to Tokyo) at 30th of March :) What city are you going to?
My CoE recently arrived at my parents home, so I haven't been able to look at it yet, but if all goes well I'll pick it up tomorrow and go to the embassady on Monday.

Why would you have to wait for CSN to send you money before you can apply for the visa? (Again, I haven't looked at the CoE yet, so I don't really know exactly what you need to present.)

I never even thought about not receiving the actual visa. I mean, as long as you're not a criminal and have money to support yourself (self/sponsor/CSN..) it's just a matter of a long process.

I'm going to Okazaki, the yamasa institute :) Nice to see another swede here! ^_^

Acually, we need to wait for the money from CSN because we need to pay our tuition fees before the school sends us the certificate and letter of acceptance.
The embassy told me they need around 3-4 working days to process and grant the visa, did they say the same to you? (Did you ask? XD)

Oh, so that's why. I saved up my own money and paid the school quite early, because I never thought I would make it in time if I relied on CSN for the first batch of tuition fees.

I never asked :) but 3-4 days should be just fine since it's 3 weeks left.

So I just came back from applying at the embassady. They told me to come back in a week (next monday) to pick up the visa, so I don't know about 3-4 days.. Maybe you can postpone the flight a few days to be on the safe side?

Hmm... if you were there in the afternoon then the 4 day thing is correct... at any rate, I can't postpone the flight at all. There are no other flights that arrive in time that I can afford the price of :(

Either case, I'm going to call the embassy tomorrow simply to make sure and stuff... I really hope that the mail from the school doesn't get delayed though. If it doesn't get delayed then we'll probably go to the embassy the 22nd or the 23rd, and we might receive the visa in time if we go to the embassy to pick it up instead of waiting for it in the mail ^_^'''

The mail shouldn't take much time. Mine was sent at Tuesday last week and arrived on Thursday. And it being special express service and all, not the slow "Posten". Anyway, I wish you best of luck! :)

Thank you, I swear to god that if I meet you in Japan I'll give you a hug :)
Reading your posts have acually made the nervosity a bit easier to bear, LoL *sentimental... means it's time to sleep, nighty night!*..... X.x

Back
Top Bottom