What's new

Soviet attack trumped A-bomb role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets Talk:
I find your posting to be highly rude and out of place. I and others here are attempting to engage a serious debate on this topic with you and others. What I've done here is to raise the facts that I've uncovered in my years of research that examines the entire spectrum of views.
Its apparent to me now that when confronted with information that does not conform to you viewpoint, you resort to making personal attacks and claims that we are fed by propaganda without providing any sort of contradictory evidence. In less than four posts you have made the following accusations:
#1 I'm a closet Nazi supporter
#2 Hurled insults at Chidoriashi and myself as being poorly educated
#3 Claim that we all deluded by propaganda.
None of that proves anything and just reflects badly on you. If you want to have an enlightened discussion on history, then stop insulting everybody who doesn't share your viewpoint. Its disgusting.

If thats the way you want to act, then maybe you should just consider why you are posting here in the first place.
Fact: the first US troops arrived in Britain in January 1942.
Fact: for nearly a year they were sitting on their a$$es and doing nothing before they went into action against Axis.
The problem here is the amount of landing capacity. The US military could not mount a large scale, successful naval landing until late 1943 at the earliest. As Operation Jubilee (the Dieppe Raid) showed, the allied militaries needed thousands of landing craft and a whole range of special capabilities to undertake successful seaborne invasions. A large portion of this would go to the pacific to assist in the island hopping campaign against the Japanese. The remaining capability they Allies did have was sufficient to undertake smaller operations in Morocco, Sicily and Italy in 1942~1943.
An Invasion of France was always going to be one of the most difficult operations to undertake. Unlike North Africa or Italy, France possessed a very good transportation network, which would allow the Wehrmacht to quickly move reinforcements from Germany to counterattack. This meant that the Western Allies needed to prepare a massive invasion force as well as ensure they would not be defeated. Had the Americans, British and Canadians attempted an invasion in 1943, it would likely end up in defeat.
When Operation Overlord did occur, the allies were able to have over 200,000 on the beachhead within a couple of days, and 1.2 million by August. Moreover any movement of reserves were severely delayed by the massive interdiction campaign waged by the Allied Tactical Air Forces which ensured that only a small trickle of forces would actually reach the beachheads in time.
Fact: in November 1942 they finally started some pathetic and unprofessionally done actions in Africa and blew them off completely.
So if you are calling the Torch landings "pathetic and unprofessionally done," how do you expect them to carry out a massive invasion against the Germans in Europe?
As the result the Vichy France was occupied, the Axis forces in Africa were reinforced.
The reinforcement of Axis Forces in Africa led to one of the greatest victories by the allies. Hitler decision to reinforce those troops turned out to be a massive disaster... over 330,000 German and Italian troops (including the entire Deutch Africa Corps.) How bad was the Tunisian losses? Stalingrad cost the Germans 700,000 soldiers (German+Italian+Romanian+Bulgarian troops), but most of those troops were a mix of Category A,B and C units.The losses of the Tunisan campaign were of Category A troops that were extremely battle hardened, and equipped with some of the best weapons in German arsenal including the new Tiger Tank, BF-109Gs and JU-188 bombers. The losses were staggering and drew forces away from Operation Zitadell (Kursk).
Fact: after the failed operation in Northen Africa, Americans were keeping sitting on their a$$es for 18 months and doing nothing.
Not true, after the Tunisian Campaign ended in May 1943, they landed on Sicily a month later. After mopping up Sicily by Mid August, they then carried out landings on Italy proper in September, forcing its capitulation. The capitulation of Italy due to the Western Allies campaigns in 1942~1943 removed 1.6 million Italian soldiers and the country's industrial capabilities from the Axis side. It also forced the Germans to send forces to italy to hold off any future advances. This was a major strategic victory.
Fact: only in June 1944, after all hard bloody work was done by Russians, French, Polish and others, the USA finally entered Normandy with serious forces and got the western world to ransom.
This timeline does not reflect reality. Roosevelt wanted to invade Europe (Operation Sledgehammer in 1942), but was councilled against it by his generals and Churchill. They instead suggested earlier landings in the "soft underbelly" of Europe; Italy.

The US was also single handedly fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, participating in the North Africa/Italy campaigns, all the while providing vital war material for the Soviets and the British. The latter required a massive naval effort that is known as the "Battle for the Atlantic" Finally there was also the Strategic Bombing Campaign, which was vital for hindering the overall war effort. This cost 160,000 Western lives and billions of dollars in lost equipment.

None of this ignores the massive sacrifice of Soviet lives in the Great Patriotic war, which the West owes a great debt of gratitude. Certainly they undertook the brunt of the casualties and the fighting in the war. Without them the outcome of the war would have been in doubt. However you can't diminished that the Americans did play a critical part in securing victory in WWII.

Last edited:
You are a fake. Because even the dumbest kid can not be so dumb.

Oh, you'd be surprised about some of the things that come out of Caster51's mouth.

This is the guy who claims that China is faking the death of 300,000 citizens for its political agenda after all.

My concept of education is no doubt different than yours. At least I know how to spell undereducated.

No, it's called I don't care to proofread what I write to you because you are not worthing talking to anymore.
I only came back because I wanted to see noyhauser take you to school.

Oh, you'd be surprised about some of the things that come out of Caster51's mouth.
This is the guy who claims that China is faking the death of 300,000 citizens for its political agenda after all.
It's okay, noyhauser. You've done well. ._.
No, it's called I don't care to proofread what I write to you because you are not worthing talking to anymore.
I only came back because I wanted to see noyhauser take you to school.
Weee, me too! It's been a fun read watching caster51 descend into claiming global conspiracy against the Japanese.
bring it as an evidence
ツ BTW
there is a famous pic of 731 that china propagated..
Jinan incident - Wikipedia
I cannot express how I am feeling towards this post. Only by beating my head against my desk until my head is converted to pulp would I be able to accurately show you how I feel about it.

bring it as an evidence
BTW
there is a famous pic of 731 that china propagated..
Jinan incident - Wikipedia
Hey, the Japanese government admitted the crimes, they only "reduced" the number of victims to 200,000 instead of 300,000 or more. There is even an agreement to write a joint textbook. The disagreement in figures didn't make the crimes any less horrible. It's not the reason to hate modern Japan or Japanese, it's the fact of history, which should be admitted before the countries can move on.

Hey, the Japanese government admitted the crimes, they only "reduced" the number of victims to 200,000 instead of 300,000 or more. There is even an agreement to write a joint textbook. The disagreement in figures didn't make the crimes any less horrible. It's not the reason to hate modern Japan or Japanese, it's the fact of history, which should be admitted before the countries can move on.
??😊
who , when ?

The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist's Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults

本政府としては、日本軍の南京入城(1937年)後、多くの非戦闘員の殺害や略奪行為等があったことは否定できないと考えています
2.しかしながら、被害者の具体的な人数については諸説あり、政府としてどれが正しい数かを認定することは困難であると考えています。
3.日本は、過去の一時期、植民地支配と侵略により、多くの国々、とりわけアジア諸国の人々に対して多大の損害と苦痛を与えたことを率直に認識し、痛切な反省と心からのお詫びの気持ちを常に心に刻みつつ、戦争を二度と繰り返さず、平和国家としての道を歩んでいく決意です。

http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/area/taisen/qa/08.html

I cannot express how I am feeling towards this post. Only by beating my head against my desk until my head is converted to pulp would I be able to accurately show you how I feel about it.

Japanese Military Style during WWII

Look, caster51. I'm not going to watch all those, and you know why? It's on par with Holocaust denial, and that's something I won't even humor. Why don't you stop spamming this thread with those videos? It's on par with Loose Change, do you know that? It's this nice video about how the US government perpetrated the 9/11 attack on itself. That's the why you're talking. It's crazy.

All I am asking is for you to show irrefutable evidence from a credible source.

Look, caster51. I'm not going to watch all those, and you know why? It's on par with Holocaust denial, and that's something I won't even humor. Why don't you stop spamming this thread with those videos? It's on par with Loose Change, do you know that? It's this nice video about how the US government perpetrated the 9/11 attack on itself. That's the why you're talking. It's crazy.

All I am asking is for you to show irrefutable evidence from a credible source.

We dont care about 911. because Japan has nothing to do with that.
It is a not religious belief.
Evidence is always necessary in the trial of the civilized society.
It is depending on you how you judge it in front of any documents

if there is a faked pics as a evidence of Nanking, it would be denied
how about all of them were faked?

All I am asking is that you show irrefutable evidence that there is a global conspiracy against Japan.

Caster51

I did watch one of your "You Tubes". I read as much as I can about the Pacific war.
Nor you nor I can know for certain what happened in China in 1937, but we both know that wasn't just a picknic from Japanese military side.
As for the pictures and films ... I do know that the Japanese military ordered all Dutch people ( maybe the Chinese as well) in 1942 to hand over all their camera's and so on. That was in Indonesia.
Very clever of course, no pictures or films from the camps and all the other not so pleasant places.
Our fathers also had to hand in their cars to the Japanese military. And later on at the end of 1942 we were all ( men,women and children) locked up in camps, so all our belongings became Japanese belongings as well.
We were starved in all those camps, no medicines, no hygiene, no soap to wash yourself, no school, not enough water, I had to do man's work, and so on. Why? You tell me!!!

I learned that the war was over on the 23rd of August 1945. Later on I leaned about the A-bombs.
And much later still, many Dutch also coming from Indonesia, tell me that those bombs saved our lives
otherwise we would have all been dead. True, many Dutch men, women and children were dying in those last months.
I am very grateful towards the Americans, British, Australian and other military!! They have gone through Hell. I have met an American veteran who was stationed on Guam. A real Hell!
That Joseph Stalin kept his word towards Washington and London, yes that ended WWII in the Pacific.
That is why I say: "Thank you Russia!!"

And that is what it was Caster51 a real dirty horrible and a very inhuman war. Not just a competition.
Be grateful that you were not ther!

We were starved in all those camps, no medicines, no hygiene, no soap to wash yourself, no school, not enough water, I had to do man's work, and so on. Why? You tell me!!!
after that What did dutch do agaist Indonesian? why were not you killed?

learned that the war was over on the 23rd of August 1945. Later on I leaned about the A-bombs.
And much later still, many Dutch also coming from Indonesia, tell me that those bombs saved our lives
otherwise we would have all been dead. True, many Dutch men, women and children were dying in those last months.
I am very grateful towards the Americans, British, Australian and other military!! They have gone through Hell. I have met an American veteran who was stationed on Guam. A real Hell!
That Joseph Stalin kept his word towards Washington and London, yes that ended WWII in the Pacific.
That is why I say: "Thank you Russia!!"

it is not my bussiness. thank Russia and stalin.
I dont complain of your grudge. it is good for you. I Just feel pity
And I am not interested in your story at all
Japan dont complan what Dutch did in Indonesia.
anyway
they were saved oppositely
Independence parade of Indonesia

Last edited by a moderator:
you are not waching it .right?
how can you judge it?:eek:

How can I judge it? The poor usage of English in the subtitles, the fact that in one of them, the Chinese are referred to as donkeys, and I really don't think I need to explain further.

Aye, lad, it is time for me to sleep!

Bravo Caster51 You gave me the answer I expected from you.!!!

Don't bother to feel pity for me because of the Japanese occupation, I was never a loser, learned very long ago to stand above wartime crimes. Already in 1946 I had a Japanese penfriend in Tokyo.

But where do all your frustrations come from? And why do you join a Forum while you are not interested in other people's opinions and stories?
I don't understand you at all. Are you Japanese? Japan is a beautiful country, I have visited your country
in 2000 and enjoyed it very much. I have met very nice Japanese people.

But the way you talk to all of us is not pleasant and is not good towards your country Japan either.
I am just guessing at, that you are a Japanese man born in 1951?

Well good luck and goobye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom