What's new

Should a guybe worried if the girlfriend refuse to show her childhood photos?

FinancialWar

Sempai
19 May 2006
Do you think it is morally acceptable if a girl refuse to show her childhood photos? I think the girl have an obligation to disclose her looks in her childhood to prove that her looks is not artificial.

that's a question for another day.

But it morally wrong not to disclose cosmetic surgery history your significant other, because the moment is tricking the many into marrying something that has been enhanced artificially, not natural, and this information will affect the marriage and the looks of the children. So the woman should voluntarily disclose such information.

that's a question for another day.

Fair enough.

Here's my quick shot: matrimony as a formal promise between two individuals is nothing but a civil contract. As such it is subject to, well, "due diligence". Most jurisdictions have provisions for anullment or divorce in case certain facts were not disclosed prior to getting married, such as crimes, prison sentences, previous marriages, offspring with previous partners, diseases, disabilities, debts, etc. To conceal a beauty operation could amount to false pretenses within the means of fraud.

Apart from all legal implications, marriage like any relationship is based on truthfulness. If a prospective spouse didn't lie about his/her surgery, it's up to you whether you can live with it or not.

So I guess yes, he or she should disclose cosmetic surgery prior to matrimony. What else might he or she be concealing from you? ;)

Most females seem to feel pictures of their youth are only kept to torture and humiliate them later in life. My two younger sisters were always upset if me or my parents showed their boyfriends pictures of them. I never met a female in my lifetime who would pull out pictures of their youth to share. It seems to be a female things that all pictures of them make them look horrible.

Uncle Frank

Do you think it is morally acceptable if a girl refuse to show her childhood photos?

I can surely see how that might be frustrating for the man for a few different reasons, but I've never pegged partners to have a moral obligation to show their childhood pictures.

to prove that her looks is not artificial.

Even if they aren't natural, why would a woman have to prove that? That seems a bit more like paranoia than curiosity to me.

But it morally wrong not to disclose cosmetic surgery history your significant other, because the moment is tricking the many into marrying something that has been enhanced artificially, not natural, and this information will affect the marriage

I have a couple issues with this. To a certain extent, I'd have to agree that cosmetic surgery and many other things that women tend to do are false advertisement, at least initially. If you're going to marry a woman, however, I don't really see why the "false advertisements" aren't simply thought of as little aesthetic gifts for the man.

Unless you care more about looks than compatibility, love and chemistry, I really, truly don't see how it could cause problems in the marriage.

I don't mind people changing their appearance for as long as they don't do it for harm like having a plastic surgery just to hide their identity for a crime that they committed.

I think all girls have a right to privacy and of course it's "morally acceptable" to invoke that right by refusing to show childhood photos.

That said, if plastic surgery is a potential dealbreaker, YOU have the right to hold out for photos or to move on to someone else. She could always fake the photos, obviously. Dude, just marry her and let your daughter carry on the plastic surgery tradition. Marry a nice personality.

Hey, he's buying a cow, not marrying a person. He has a right to inspect it beforehand.

Or should it be more of a dog breeding metaphor?

This morning, I saw part of a biopic of Barbara Eden. (Yes, I know. I could have spent my time more wisely). She was an absolute geek when she was a kid, and I don't mean she was good at physics. No one knew she would bloom into the beauty that she became.

Are all your replies to this thread ironic?
If the OP's question is serious, I think any future marriage will have some trust problems (among a few others).

As was mentioned before - a lot of very beautiful women I've known were not very attractive as kids and vice versa for a lot of the good looking girls that were my classmates.

Baffling :p

What kind of obligation are we talking about? A legal obligation? That would depend on the jurisdiction. A moral obligation? Welp... that ****'s just not been the same since the post-modern era rolled around with its nihilism dressed up neatly as moral relativism.

I think the question is deficient in... err, questions?

Well as a girl my self I hate showing my own pictures of me as I was when I was younger they always get me and my sis mixed up as we are twins nowa days we look slightly differnt

Back
Top Bottom