What's new

Shinzo Abe

arahja

後輩
16 Jun 2006
Hi, i want to know what do you think about prime minister of Japan. I heard a lot of different opinions. It is said that he has very radical views. On the other hand, he could make Japan more important. What is the truth??? forgive me my english😌

I heard that too, but since Abe became PM of Japan, he seems to be seeking stronger ties with its direct neighbours China and South Korea instead of hanging too much around with triggerhappy cowboy Bush unlike Koizumi did.
Koizumi's war shrine visits didn't help Japan become stronger or more popular but rather damaged the relations with its several Asian neighbours even more instead.
Abe also did not want to reform/rename the JSDF into a formal Army, unlike his predecssor wanted to.
PM Abe so far is doing alright, at least IMO =)
Hope he continue his course to represent a friendly and pacifistic Japan, which acts more for the sake of East Asians and not support the Bush administration.

It is said that he has very radical views.
Yeah, I've heard the same. Of course I understand the European view of politics is different than the Japaneses one, but if it's true that he wants to create a Defense Ministry and try to do something with nuclear power, they are certainly not very peaceful intentions.
On the other hand, he could make Japan more important.
Asia is turning into the center of the global geo-strategy, with China and both North and South Korea rising regional (and world) powers. So, I think it's normal that Japan tries not to stay behind. But a militarist turning point policy must be never welcome, and it would be better to try to pacify the others instead of an increasing regional belligerence.
forgive me my english
Sure!!!! :) Mine too!!

Cabinet's approval rating drops to 51%: Nikkei

Monday December 25, 6:19 AM
Cabinet's approval rating drops to 51%: Nikkei
(Kyodo) _ The approval rating for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's Cabinet has continued its slide since its launch in September and now stands at 51 percent, down 8 percentage points from the previous survey last month, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported Monday.
The disapproval rating rose 11 points to 40 percent, the major economic daily said. The paper conducted a nationwide telephone survey between Friday and Sunday to which 947 households with eligible voters responded.

The daily said the Liberal Democratic Party's decision to readmit so-called "postal rebels" and the resignation of the government's tax panel head are behind the latest fall in the approval rating.

The approval rating hit 71 percent shortly after the Cabinet was launched at the end of September, according to the paper.

Back
Top Bottom