What's new

shamless. JapanNewbie

Harvey

先輩
10 Jun 2002
Just wondering what you guys think. Japannewbie.com

It's supposed to be a guide type place to help people get going in Japan, but it's kinda swinging towards a more persnal experience in Japan thing.

I'm living in Tokyo now, just got here about 2 weeks ago, and will be here for a long long time. I figured I'd be learning a lot, so decided to make the site to help others get here as well.

What do you think? any suggestions?

cool idea.

You been here now 2 weeks?

Gee, ummm if you keep a diary type of thing going with weekly experiences it might be a good memory record and will provide a possible what to expect type of schedule.

You might wanna try to find a lady to help with a similar journalling thereby providing both sides of the coin.

Men and women have different experiences and troubles over here.

Yeah I've been here two weeks so far. I was here for a year 2 years ago so I'm kinda used to it. Still though, living and coming to study are two different things.

Hrm. Getting someone else to help out is a good idea... hrm....

I am about this *narrows the gap between his index finger and thumb* close to packing my bags too. Your website is not helping my confusion :)

Good luck out there. Will be occasionally checking in on your progress

DO IT!

NOW!!!

You won't regret it!

My first trip to Osaka was on a complete shoe-string budget. I was lucky to have a friend give up her 1 room rabbit coop for 3 months for me. Beyond that I had US $300 for 3 months but I tapped my card for another US$700. This was just at the finish of the Bubble economy so .... everything and drinking was expensive back then. Now, it's not so bad and you can make money go further.

Tokyo and Osaka are still easy places to find a teaching job.

BUT ... you need to graduate from at least college to get your all important VISA.

Yeah moyashi is right abotu the degree thing, but once you have a degree, in anything, you're good to go. If you're looking for something other than English teaching also check out my employment section, it might give you some leads!

Japan is fun yeah, that's for sure. I'm running out of money though.... I start work in july so after that all will be will, but until then... kibishii!

Hey funny. I just found this thread again. I have continued that site since I started it... almost 3 years ago!!! Crazy!

It has evolved a lot! Japannewbie.com

I'm curious, my degree is in English, would that give me an advantage or a disadvantage over others trying to get a VISA?

Granted, I'm a naval midshipman and don't require a new job anytime soon, but hypothetically. I'll only be in the Navy for three years.

I've been reading your site for so long, it's weird how casually I'll check for updates. The first thing I did for my webpage was link to your site, your page is so great!

edit: whoops, this is gord, josh is my roomate and I forgot to log him out!

I'm curious, my degree is in English, would that give me an advantage or a disadvantage over others trying to get a VISA?

Granted, I'm a naval midshipman and don't require a new job anytime soon, but hypothetically. I'll only be in the Navy for three years.

Depends on what kind of visa you are applying for!

I've been reading your site for so long, it's weird how casually I'll check for updates. The first thing I did for my webpage was link to your site, your page is so great!

edit: whoops, this is gord, josh is my roomate and I forgot to log him out!

Hey glad to hear it! I gotta check out your site too!

Back
Top Bottom