What's new

Shalom

Anat

後輩
16 Feb 2005
Hello everyone! My name is Anat, but most people who know me online call me Anne (easier to pronounce for English speakers).

I am 32 years old and live with my husband and two adorable kids (ages 3 and 1) in Israel, in a coastal town near Ceasaria. My husband sparked off my interest in Japan. I'm not even sure why, but the country, its history and culture are very interesting to us. We find them very different from other cultures that we are familiar with.

I'm looking forward to reading and posting here. :)

Anat said:
Hello everyone! My name is Anat, but most people who know me online call me Anne (easier to pronounce for English speakers).

I am 32 years old and live with my husband and two adorable kids (ages 3 and 1) in Israel, in a coastal town near Ceasaria. My husband sparked off my interest in Japan. I'm not even sure why, but the country, its history and culture are very interesting to us. We find them very different from other cultures that we are familiar with.

I'm looking forward to reading and posting here. :)
Shalom, Anat! 🙂
It's great to have you here with us. I'm sure you will be able to give more unique views on the many topics discussed here.
I read your post in "America, Jewish?" thread with much interest, because it put the whole discussion in persepective.
I've tried to learn Hebrew and Aramaic on my own, but haven't gone much far. 😊
I hope someday (soon, hopefully) that we have enough Jewish members so that we can have a Hebrew subforum to learn about Judaism, the language, and Japanese topics in Hebrew!!!! 😄
I hope you have a good time here, and looking forward to see your input in as many subjects as you find interesting!! 👍

Last edited:
Hi Anat ! Welcome To The Forum !!

I always thought you have to be very brave to live in Israel! When I watch the news here in the US it looks very scarey there? Hope you live in a place of peace! Glad you found the Forum, enjoy!

Frank

🙂

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Frank, it actually feels very safe here.

I think that a lot more pepole get shot in the US than in Israel every year (in proportion to the population size of course).

Actually, I have never been to the US, one of the reasons is I'm not sure it's safe enough to visit. You hear so much about shootings and bombings in the US, with all sorts of people shooting at schools, restaurants and just plain on the streets! We don't have those here at all. It feels very safe in the streets of Israel, day and night, even in the big cities. I guess the images that come in from the Palestinian territories make the whole region look bad, but really the armed conflict is usually limited to those parts (which we never get near to).

I Had A Feeling You Would Say That !

It seems the news makes things seem so much worse then they really are.
I have to admit, even in the small city of Portland , Maine, I often carry a gun when I go out at night. There is always that small chance you will be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the gun makes me feel secure? I'm glad your home is a good place!

Frank

:)

Welcome to the fora, Anat! I think the US is similar, you just have to know where to stay away from to be safe. There are areas that are extremely safe, and some that are the exact opposite. Enjoy your stay with us! 🙂🎈

for Maciamo/Thomas/Twisted

Thanks for the wonderful Hebrew links, they are very encouraging for me! 👍