What's new

Maintenance Server migration

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear valued Members,

I would like to inform you of an impending server migration in the first days of the new year. The server move will take place within the same data centre and is supposed to start some time on January 2, 2016. We expect JREF to be offline for 24+ hours, depending on how fast all sites and their databases will transfer.

The forum and all related modules will be closed prior to migration. I will update this thread once we have more details.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience!

Hummm?? I wonder if there is some drug I can take to knock me out for 2 or 3 days to help me through this ? You would think that all the years of data here on JREF , that it would take a week or two to transfer everything. I plan to spend New Year's day swapping my PC over to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Hope we both have good luck with no surprise glitchs.

I hope so too, Frank! :D

This is just a heads-up: our new server is about to be set up while I'm typing these lines. We will probably shut down the site within the next few hours to avoid new content to be written to the database.

The site transition and domain propagation might take up to 48 hours, we shall post updates here.

First post on the new server. Still a few glitches due to incomplete domain propagation and cache.

Had to purge the CDN cache, now the CSS files seem to load. It will take a while until the page fully propagates throughout the web.

The styling is once again a bit wonky in places when not logged in. For example, look at this thread: the width of every post is different.

As long as you're logged in it's fine though, strangely.

Thank you for reporting this, @lanthas ! I believe that behaviour isn't related to the server move itself, but rather to the fact that all static files are served from a cloud server. Sometimes the style sheets are not rendered completely, in particular during login or logout, which could result in what you described. Reloading the page or clearing the cache should mitigate the wonkiness.

View on internet explorer 8. Who's using internet explorer anyway kedo hehe

Attachments

• 新規JPEGイメージ.jpg
    新規JPEGイメージ.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom