What's new

Scripting?

MotomanInuyasha

モトクロス
24 Jun 2005
Can anyone point me towards some good scripting tutorials (Java, VB,etc.) I'm trying to learn scripting because I'm designing a web page for my father's company and I'm trying to figure out how to disable the "right click" options on a web page so someone can't steal any info/pic from the page. I'm using microsoft's Forntpage 2000, and know almost every html tag except for the color tags. Names of books I could get at a book store would help also.....

How about W3Schools: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
I don't know what's with people and disabling right-click. It's still simple to bypass and save the images. If people don't want pictures taken, don't put them online. Or put a watermark on it.

Keiichi

😊

Sometimes it is the actual scripts that the webmaster does not want taken.

Of course, a way of getting around it, is just saving the webpage you are viewing. Especially if highlight, right click menu, and "view --> source" menu on the browser is disabled.

Try my website. Right Click, and try to highlight and copy. No can do, but you can still view the source and save the webpage to see the source.

But for those that are not up to date about how HTML works, then they are usually full proof.

I do it to my website, because I hate people Hot-linking my pictures or files without actually putting my website URL. As stated in my About page.

Here ya go:

oncontextmenu="return false" onselectstart="return false"
Put this in the <body> tag

Those were what I was looking for thanks ^_^! I wanted that code for extra protection in the intarent part of the site, lol you can never have to much protection (no matter how simple it may be) incase a password is stolen or figured out. I have just one more question, do you have to take some sort of test to be a webmaster or do you just become one once you design your first website?

Let me tell you something. Degrees and Certificates are crap.

If you can build a kick *** website and show the company what you can do, I garuntee you will be hired.

When I was in Honduras, I did a small website for a security force at Soto Cano AB. I showed the company "Harris" so they could upload it to the server. My design and knowledge of web design surpassed the other webmaster, and they offered me a job on the spot! But I would get some certificates at least.

Back
Top Bottom