What's new

Rairaiken ramen restraunt

Petaris

Sailing away...
Top Donor
3 Aug 2007
I read this article today, and even though it is a bit dated (August 2020) I thought I would post it as I thought it was interesting. I searched the forum and didn't see this already posted but let me know if I missed it. Also feel free to move this to the Japanese food area if it fits there better, I almost posted it there anyway.

Article: Japan's first-ever ramen restaurant, which closed 44 years ago, is reopening this fall!

This is about the re-opening of Japan's first ramen restaurant which originally opened in 1910 and closed permanently in 1976 when no family members were willing to take it over. It has been re-opened inside of the Shin Yokohama Ramen Museum ( 新横浜ラーメン博物館 ). I have to say that the ramen looks delicious and the museum looks very cool too.

I visited the Ramen museum back in like 05 or 06, and I wish I had a bigger stomach! They even had a kamishibai, and other saigen-machi elements, it felt like visiting an old neighborhood, even though it was all inside a huge building. It's kinda touristy but it seemed to cater more to Japanese tourists than foreigners, I'd definitely go back, especially to experience an original recipe!

Back
Top Bottom