What's new

Travel Rail Travel - May Itinerary

Cg1990

Registered
2 Mar 2018
Hi guys,

Spent the day trying to figure out the travel between places and still confused on which is train, shinkansen, bus. I also got confused as some of the names are in Japanese. I also couldn't find how to get from Miyajima island to Tokyo. Please help!

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Have a look at the website Hyperdia.
I put in Miyajimaguchi (the station on the mainland nearest the island) and a random date and time and got this.
HyperDia | SearchResult

Basically, catch the local train to Hiroshima and then the shinkansen to Tokyo.

Hi,

Any idea on how to get luggage from kyoto to tokyo as we are just planning on taking an overnight bag to hiroshima? We are staying at an air bnb in tokyo.

My issue is that my air bnb in tokyo cannot accept the luggage early so i think my only option is to leave the luggage at kyoto station, go do the overnight trip to hiroshima/miyajima and then go back, pick up the luggage from kyoto and head to tokyo air bnb. Can anyone else think of an alternative?

In a Japanese Delivery Services , you can receive baggage at a sales office or a convenience store.
There is also a service of a delivery receipt box at the station.
Membership registration is necessary for using.
The problem is that the service is only Japanese language.
Living in Japan | YAMATO TRANSPORT

Hi,

Any idea on how to get luggage from kyoto to tokyo as we are just planning on taking an overnight bag to hiroshima? We are staying at an air bnb in tokyo.
Have you tried travelling with only carry on (backpack)?. It makes life soooo much easier. We have travelled all over Japan with a 7yo, 10yo and a 15yo with just carry on backpacks.
There are youtube vids showing how to do it. We will never go back to lugging luggage around.
Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom