What's new

Question about joining police.

Jeffrey richards

Registered
11 Jan 2023
Okay this is super early but my Son who is a halfu American/Japanese AGE 6. Said he wanted to be a police man so or a conductor for a train. My question comes up becuse my wife said he might not be able to be a police man as his older brother has Autism. I said I dont think that will be a blocker for him as he has no disability and wont be the caretaker when older as well. So is my wife correct shes the JN I am American so I am bassing this off American regulations not Japans. I said to my boy that is a great job to want to do as it helps many people and keeps the peace. I just hope my wife is wrong on this one but also by the time he is of age for a job he might move on but still I want to know if encuaging his dream is foolhardy if he cant join do to a family member with a mental disorder. He is in 1st grade and we plan to move to Kanagwa this summer thank you for any help on the subject. Have a great day.

Okay this is super early but my Son who is a halfu American/Japanese AGE 6. Said he wanted to be a police man so or a conductor for a train. My question comes up becuse my wife said he might not be able to be a police man as his older brother has Autism. I said I dont think that will be a blocker for him as he has no disability and wont be the caretaker when older as well. So is my wife correct shes the JN I am American so I am bassing this off American regulations not Japans. I said to my boy that is a great job to want to do as it helps many people and keeps the peace. I just hope my wife is wrong on this one but also by the time he is of age for a job he might move on but still I want to know if encuaging his dream is foolhardy if he cant join do to a family member with a mental disorder. He is in 1st grade and we plan to move to Kanagwa this summer thank you for any help on the subject. Have a great day.
We spend the first 20 years or so of our lives learning who we are (some take more time, others less), and the rest of our time learning how to deal with it.

The best service you can do as a parent is to help them discover who they are and nurture it so they will grow up to do things they enjoy and find fulfilling.

He's six! Just be positive and don't crush his dreams. Let the bureaucracy do that for him later.

Hi Jeffrey, welcome to the forum!

I agree with what @nice gaijin stated above. Let him pursue his dreams; at age 6, they will likely be subject to change. ;)

If he is set to become a police officer, I do not think his brother's autism would hinder him from joining the force. And he should probably start with kendo.

From the recruitment guidelines of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police:

tokyo-metropolitan-police-recruitment.png

For male applicants:
Height: about 160cm or more
Weight: about 48kg or more
Visual acuity: Uncoordinated visual acuity of 0.6 or more in both eyes or corrected visual acuity of 1.0 or more in both eyes
Colour vision: Must not interfere with the execution of duties as a police officer
Hearing Ability: to perform duties as a police office
Illnesses: must not have diseases that interfere with performing duties as a police officer.
Other physical motor functions: must not interfere with the performance of duties as a police officer

Back
Top Bottom