What's new

Okinawan Independance

5 May 2006
Ok, please don't think i'm some troll or anything. just trying to get some information on Okinawan Independance.

if possible, can you please provide some links

thank you

okinawa should independent temporarily .....
it is depending on Okinawan.
if okinawa become independent, they dont need bases of USA in okinawa.
the peace of okinawa is also our hope.
minoru Ota's farewell telegram .....
Minoru Ōta - Wikipedia
" okinawan fought bravery to the last "
.... " please give a special consideration to okinawan in the future"
after that we make the federation of states with okinawa and taiwan
http://kandouii.sakura.ne.jp/flash/shimauta.htm

Okinawans celebrate returning Japan 1972.

Last edited:

Awfully fanciful isnt it?.

Okinawa might have a good claim to independence when the okinawan peoples call for it, but, they still have more in common with Japan then they have in their entire history of contact with Taiwan, which compared to Okinawa has barely been occupied, and when it was it was either a small band of westerners who were kicked out by the newly arrived Chinese.

Thats the impression I got, I'de have to read up Taiwan history again.

Edit: I've found myself reading up on Okinawa and ryukyu island history and culture, facinating stuff.

Last edited:

This statement about uniting Taiwan and Okinawa is rediculous. There are a small number of people that want to make Taiwan an independent nation, but never with Okinawa or Japan. Your source of information is obviously misleading, judging from the age of these people appeared on the movie clip, they probably have lived in Japan for a long time and are totally disconnected with people of Taiwan. True, there are those in their 70's or older(like my father and uncles, they watched NHK satellite news every day and sang Japanese karaoke songs) that have lived under Japanese occupation are very fond of Japan, this is especially true for those that are educated and have attended schools tought in Japanese. The younger gerneration's knowledge of Japan is only in Japanese mangas, TV dramas, TV variety shows and does not know the real Japanese culture.

Back
Top Bottom