What's new

Okazaki City utilities

Jen_b

the phoenix
24 Sep 2007
Hey guys

I am still looking for a school where i can learn Japanese but ive found two I really like. I wanted to know how much utilities usually cost for a small apartment in Okazaki City.

thanks
jen😊

Okazaki? Are you thinking of The Yamasa Institute perhaps? If so then they offer already furnished apartments for their students, which is really convenient. (I live in one of them) Basically, you get a desk, chair, a bookshelf, a tea pot, a frying pan, an ordinary pan (atleast I think that`s the english word for it, you know just an ordinary pan you use for soup, sauce, noodles etc.), an electric rice cooker, a washing machine (Unless you live in student villa I think) plus a refrigerator.

As for all the stuff around that like chopsticks, plates, towels etc. They can all be purchased for as little as 100 yen a piece if you don`t mind 100 yen shops. Also I`ve found extra furniture like a kotatsu to be quite cheap also if you dont mind seaching for a bit, mine went for 3.500 yen.

If you want to know how much a particular thing costs I could look around for you if you like, 🙂

I think by "utilities" she meant things like the electric bill.
Unfortunately I've never been to Okazaki so I don't know, but I doubt it costs a terrible lot.

It is by fortuitous cirumstance that I stumbled upon this post, since I'm not at JREF much these days. I've been living at Yamasa for almost two years now, so I suppose that I can provide some information that might be of a bit of use. Here are estimates on my monthly utility billls:

Electricity: 3000-7000 yen, depending on the season (more in winter)
Water: 2000-3000 yen
Gas: about 3000 yen, I think

Also, I didn't realize that a kotatsu could be purchased for that little. Thanks for the info, Catwomisen.

Gomen, I guess I just missunderstood. The better my Japanese gets the worse my English gets you know... but just like J44xm said, around 3000-7000, it all depends on what season it is, as well as how many electric things you got. For example me and my husband both have a computer each (to avoid fights you know XD) and during the winter we`ve been mostly using the airconditioners to keep us warm, as well as a hot bath every evening. The water bill is pretty steady around 3000-3500 yen, gas around 5000 last month (usually around 3500-4000, higher last month because of the weather suddenly getting really cold) and the electricity for last month was as high as 8000 yen, for the same reason. It was pretty steady around 6500-7000 during the summer, and as low as 3000 during autumn when we didn`t need to use niether heating or cooling.

So all in all, as mentioned before, it all comes down to what season you`re in and what kind of life you lead. If it weren`t for my obsession with hot baths perhaps we`d have more money to spend on karaoke at the end of each month... *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom