What's new

New Honda Accord for European market.

Twisted

That man in the corner
15 Mar 2002
Honda has given out a drawing of the 2003 Honda Accord, which will be presented in Paris at the end of september.

The new Accord is larger then the current, and will enter a higher segment, placing it between the current Accord and the Legend. The engines will be more powerfull and there will be a diesel-version which will feature the first ever Honda-designed diesel-engine.

It's doubtful that the new Accord will feature the exact lines of the drawing, however it's said to be more agressive then the rather conservative US-version.

Attachments

• accord1.jpg
    accord1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 211
Certainly an aggressive design, wouldn't like to see that car in my rearview mirror.
:)

If i would see this car in my rearview mirror, i would probably crash into something in front of me, because i couldn't stop looking. 😲

Can't seem to decide .... is a BMW or Audio design?

Lately a lot of higer level Toyota sedans look like Benz from the back.

I bet the new accord is a branch off of the Saber/Vigor/Inspire classes

I think it looks like a Peugeot 406 Coupテゥ.
The nose does indeed resemble a BMW, though.

I dont want to sound too sensational but "oh my god"

now thats a beauty!! the kind of car I would expect only to see in "James Bond movies" I would love to see in in different coulours,, such as silver, bronze, even red, she is sweet and if there is anyone on this forum totally rich,, then sent me one as a christmass present hahaha.

These drawings are always exaggerated. The real thing will not have wheels this large and won't be this much lowered to the ground. It's very unpractical to drive like this, unless it's for racing / rally purposes.

And here is the real deal.
This picture is taken at the Paris Autosalon which is currently taking place.

Attachments

• photo05.jpg
    photo05.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
That European Accord looks very close to a Toyota Solara to me.
But what else is new ? Honda has been doing close clones of all Toyota Models for a long time anyways. Maybe some day they will do their own designs.

Originally posted by WhiteAlltrac
That European Accord looks very close to a Toyota Solara to me.
But what else is new ? Honda has been doing close clones of all Toyota Models for a long time anyways. Maybe some day they will do their own designs.

The Solara only exists in North America. It is been known (and admitted) that Toyota 'borrowed' styling ideas from Honda. I guess now, Honda is taking it back....

Toyota has admitted that the new Celica is an homage to the new Integra.

WhiteAllTrac,
welcome and yoroshiku

Solara? Camry based models are very popular in Japan. Although Chaser and MarkII do quite well.

@ whiteAlltrac🙂 hi and welcome🙂
@ tragedy,,, I must ademitt, I would not be interested in that style of car! the model you pictured is quite sad and "humpy looking" not the car for me!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom